Roquefort salad....

osie

Hi All

Salade de Roquefort avec vinaigre balsamique et à l’huile de noix

Can you please help with this headache I have... I am getting some new menus printed and hoped to iron out a few grammatical errors.

The problem seems to be with the 'de' and the 'avec'... which seems to be interchangable with de, avec, au, aux. 

Would you let me know which is the more correct... I would just leave it out but it means I keep getting asked about the vinaigrette...

It comes from this link but I am fairly sure the rest is fairly correct.

http://www.le-murier.com/fr/restaurant.htm

Thanks in advance

Osie

Perhaps "Salade de Roquefort, Vinaigrette à la huile de noix"

No need to include all the ingredients it isn't a recipe [:)]

I spotted a few details. for example Crème brûlée (with a û)

I have sent you a pm, but the best editors will be the French contributors

Thanks everybody for all the help... I have made lots of corrections based on Normans suggestions.

I have finally choosen Ericd's as I like it....

Roquefort sur son lit de salade au vinaigre balsamique et a l'huile de noix

My 1/2 French other half has advised me that a salade de roquefort is only made up of roquefort and so would be misleading...

And she had never heard of 'Meli mélo' although I am sure I will start using it in my everyday chat.

To be honest she was not too hot on the 'Roquefort sur son lit' but at the end of the day it is me who has got to make it

Osie

[quote user="osie"]

My 1/2 French other half has advised me that a salade de roquefort is only made up of roquefort and so would be misleading... That is why I asked you what sort of salad it was..

And she had never heard of 'Meli mélo' although I am sure I will start using it in my everyday chat. Méli mélo is often used when there is a mix of different things ( salads in particular). My ex partner used to run a restaurant and I had suggested that too [quote user="osie"]

One mistake he used to make was saying " menu de jour" when it should have been " menu DU jour. "

Osie

[/quote]oo. 

Osie

[/quote]

You got me worried but luckily I had the DU bit right.... pfew

My French is such that I slur any du's or de's a bit so no one is quite sure if I know what I am talking about or not.

I kept saying 'plaT' de jour' for years before finally someone corrected me.

I see it as all part of the fun and experience for the people that come here... nothing like some fun memories.

[quote user="osie"]

[/quote]

I've won, I've won ........I have won what ???? [;-)]

I must admit that "meli-melo" wasn't bad either......I used the term at home when I cook peppers, tomatoes and onions together to form "un meli-melo de legumes rouges".

Sorry I didn't put the accent on "a" de "a l'huile de noix" because I am typing on a qwerty keyboard and can't be bothered.......

[quote user="osie"]Thanks everybody for all the help... I have made lots of corrections based on Normans suggestions.

My 1/2 French other half has advised me that a salade de roquefort is only made up of roquefort and so would be misleading...

And she had never heard of 'Meli mélo' although I am sure I will start using it in my everyday chat.

To be honest she was not too hot on the 'Roquefort sur son lit' but at the end of the day it is me who has got to make it

Osie

[/quote]

As I said, the menus I'm used to seeing had plenty of 'son's' and 'sa's' in them. I suppose I'm used to such ways of describing dishes[:D] and rather like it.