Oops

YCCMB

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know that 'love' had to be involved to have a property anywhere, what a novel idea. Or that it had to be included when having a pied a terre in another country.

I really shall give the wine cake a go, but do you know, even if it is nice cold, I shall try it warm with custard too.

edit: Do you watch the news in France ALBF, because awful things happen in french hospitals, not just the UK ones.

Idun. I would not move to France unless you love France or someone French. Otherwise, it will end in tears. Although, skiing is a second best.

Do you know what, there is a post/question somewhere else in cyber space that says 'Just moved to France (or Dordogne if you like), does anyone know of a place/bar where I can watch the Man U - City match....as I have not installed my satellite dish yet. LOL. I am guessing they don't love France.

Is custard 'Créme Anglais' ?

Firstly you should know exactly what custard is and creme anglaise is, IMO, different. And haven't 'fed' one french person who hasn't enjoyed good old fashioned custard (hot or cold), will happen eventually, but not yet.

We simply fancied an adventure, that was all, the only love we needed was for one another. We could have moved anywhere, but France was it, because there was skiing and a proper job, with what we found out was a CDI later. No job,  and there would not have been a move. We never imagined we would stay so long, and in fact made tentative plans to move to the Canaries when the kids were young, but didn't in the end. As I said, no proper job, no move.

I don't love France, never did, it's a country, I don't 'love' England either although I am english. I have a profound feeling of belonging in England, but that emotion is quite removed from the 'love' one that I feel for my family, friends and pets.

Love (the word)........ used in so many ways and often in a very banal manner![:)]