Whay go YOU take?

MargaretD

We've been invited around to a neighbours house for dinner tomorrow evening.  What do we take?  )And following a previous thread we will wrap it if we need to...)

We have bought books for their grand children and their grand daughter is currently collecting world falgs, so when last in England we bought her a St George's Flag.  We have given them cherries, and they have given us peaches, and courgettes...

But what do you take for a meal?  Champagne, but he was an uerologist(can't spell the wine taster word) or chocolates?

Please help me by giving us some  idea, please.

M

each time we have had a french neighbour to us, they have bought biscuits for the kiddies, wine for the meal and a pot plant for me,, none of it wrapped....hope this helps?.......our neighbour has a very sweet tooth, so I decided that next time we go to them I will buy him a bar of cadburys chocolate  and a pot plant for the lady of the house,

Excellent choice!  Can't go wrong with a little luxury number - that all will recognise as such.

Wine is dodgy; someonw once said to me that - as etiquette demands that he has to open it and serve it with the meal - it was as if you didn't trust your host to have selected a decent wine himself.

Angela