New Year's greeting cards

EuroStar

Yep - so it seems. I was astonished to have quite a selection to 'open' when we got back from the UK last week. A dignified French protest at the cost of cards and the increase in the postal charges perhaps or just something innovative to try!

I think it is a super idea - some of the ones we have received have been extraordinary.

Sue

I agree, with you, Cooperlola!!  I love cards around the house & think it takes a little more thought in buying, writing & posting a nice card.  We were very surprized to see how few Christmas cards were available, when we went looking in December.  Anyone know why the French don't seem to send Xmas cards but prefer New Year ones?  [8-)]

[quote user="ali-cat"]I agree, with you, Cooperlola!!  I love cards around the house & think it takes a little more thought in buying, writing & posting a nice card.  We were very surprized to see how few Christmas cards were available, when we went looking in December.  Anyone know why the French don't seem to send Xmas cards but prefer New Year ones?  [8-)][/quote]I think it's just because New Year is a more significant event here (rather like Scotland) and Christmas tends to be celebrated "en famille".  I have had so much trouble getting nice cards here that I get them sent from the charities I support in the UK, or UNICEF who sell on line and deliver fairly cheaply here.  A thought for you for later this year maybe... only 300-odd days to Christmas!!