One month....Gay? Anyone?

Alexis

I've been as good as gold with the food but we have been celebrating the arrival of a new grandson with a bit of the fizzy stuff......

So, althought I've lost a few mm, I could have done better.

Will have no drink in the house this week and will try harder!

Got to lose 2cm before the 27th for my first target.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just can't believe it , have lost 3 kilos in one week. Haven't been able to lose any weight for 3 years. Thank you everyone for the tips and support

Did have a couple of glasses of wine on Saturday and Sunday wasn't going to have any yesterday but bit of a drama and I needed a drink. Haven't had any coffee, read that it raises levels of cortisol and insulin - hormones that accelerate aging and store body fat. Never knew that before but weight gain was after menopause so perhaps lack of coffee has adjusted hormone balance. Getting a bit technical for me but it has worked this week, see what happens next week.

Alexis - A new grandson is definitely a good excuse for having a drink, and you have lost some weight. Congratulations on both.

Jan

Lost in the Lot

Yes, congratulations Alexis, a new grandson is definatly worth some champagne

Jan, I should have said, I don,t think you,re really meant to drink wine on Atkins, at least not in the first 2 weeks but I have done anyway..now lost 2 kilos But you,ve done even better, that,s great!!

Janey

Janey - Thanks for info on the wine. Afraid today has been a bad day  got invited to the Auberge,didnt do too bad on the food but had aperitif, 1 glass wine and a digestif. Well you have too , havent you!!!!!!!. Will be good tomorrow.

Well done on your loss, you did lose nearly a kilo last week as well.

Jan

Lost in the Lot

I will be lucky if I reach my target

I was so good last week and when I got measured on Saturday, I had grown!!!!

I was gutted!  A diet where you put on weight!

This morning I was back to normal - and I sulked yesterday and made a chicken pie with a suet crust - so everything is ok

I have four days to lose a centimetre.....might help if I shifted about a bit I expect.

Won't see you next week but think of me in Chinese restaurants, eating a nice bit of fish out of newspaper, drinking lager and lime........

Then back on the diet I go and I'm SERIOUS this time

Still haven't weighed myself, but I did get the tape measure out and really I have put on less than an inch on hips and waist so perhaps not as bad as I feared.

Had a better week last week, a lot less alchohol, but too many carbs over the weekend - back on track now - again......

Know how you feel Alexis. Ive lost nothing this week and I have been good.

So upset had a chocolate muffin this morning but back on track for lunch. Ive got another twelve days so will persevere. Have a battered cod for me, and have a great holiday.We will have another go when you get back.

I remember seeing something about changing eating habits every couple of weeks as body gets used to eating plan and metabolism slows down. Getting technical and couldnt get my head around it but if no loss next week will look into it.

Jan

Lost in the Lot

I actually got around to weighing myself - I have put on 5lbs from my lowest weight so back to being strict for a while - I would like to lose 10lbs by November 11th, and as an incentive to start we have a weekend away booked for three weeks time so I want some of it gone before then........

• 2 weeks later...

Back now after the holidays have finished, went to Barcelona with hubby for a week and spent the rest of the time eating and drinking at home. I had lost 3 kilos before we went and I,ve now put back on 2, not the end of the world. I,m back on track now, back on the Atkins and I hope everyone else is too..had a great time cheating though

Janey

Hello,

Can I join the weigh -in, only I cant weigh as I threw the scales away in disgust after Christmas, they were always wrong. I thought I`d take the earlier advice of someone and measure in centimetres, then it goes down quicker.

I want to lose 10 kgs, by cutting out fats and the cake type carbs. Sunday was my first day, and I haven`t cheated yet, except for the horlicks tonight becuase its a bit chilly.

Aileen

• 2 weeks later...

Back from holiday and like everyone else soooo fat. What did we eat? I lost 3 kilos in the month before hols and put it all back on in 2 weeks.

Finding it very difficult to get into thinking diet -lots of pieces of chocolate to finsh and hate to confess I just bought it yesterday.

Does anyone else feel the same.

Jan

Lost in the Lot

I'm all for starting again, I begin a diet, stick to it for a short while, drop 5 kgs, stop dieting and put it back on again - just can't stop stuffing my face!   But I really, really want to be slimmer. 

Has anyone tried one of the self help books, cd's?  I know the easy answer is eat sensibly, but I'm hopeless.