Toad in the hole!

Frank

Anyone tried explaing this one??? I tried (in my very little French) to translate the ingredients, ie sausages being the toads etc.  But my friend didn't quite understand me (not  surprising really!) and thought I was refering to real toads cooked in the oven with some sort of crepe[+o(]!!!! Not a good explanation on my part one thinks[:$].  Anyway, many gestures and dictionary translations later and I think they got the idea.  Anyway, I offered to cook it for them, but they declined, I wonder why??[8-)]  Anymore strange recipe translations out there??

Kimberly

[quote user="jetlag"]

Anyone tried explaing this one??? I tried (in my very little French) to translate the ingredients, ie sausages being the toads etc.  But my friend didn't quite understand me (not  surprising really!) and thought I was refering to real toads cooked in the oven with some sort of crepe[+o(]!!!! Not a good explanation on my part one thinks[:$].  Anyway, many gestures and dictionary translations later and I think they got the idea.  Anyway, I offered to cook it for them, but they declined, I wonder why??[8-)]  Anymore strange recipe translations out there??

Kimberly

[/quote]

Why don't you invite your friend for dinner and cook it for him/her!

• 2 weeks later...