Calories

opas

We have nibbled our way through a 150 gr tub of Grattons de Canard this afternoon. As there aren't any calorific values on the pack, do I take it we have got way scot free?[Www][:$] 

Perhaps I should post this in the health section incase I need my arteries unclogging ........oh I think we did that with the red wine[blink]

[quote user="opas"]

We have nibbled our way through a 150 gr tub of Grattons de Canard this afternoon. As there aren't any calorific values on the pack, do I take it we have got way scot free?[Www][:$] 

Perhaps I should post this in the health section incase I need my arteries unclogging ........oh I think we did that with the red wine[blink]

[/quote]

As a matter of interest, are they the French pork scratchings equivalent? (they look just like that)

I just nibble away.

Opas, the rule is, if you eat them while you're standing up, preferably over the sink, the calories do not count at all.

If you ate them while sitting at a table, I'm afraid you're doomed.

If you were on the couch watching television, just halve the presumed damage.

PG

[quote user="Cassis"]During our recent abstinence our wine-sugar levels dropped dangerously low and we only managed to retain consciousness by eating chocolate.  When taken for medicinal purposes such as this, chocolate actually has negative calories.

[/quote]

On that principle, can I exchange the wine calories I will not drink tomorrow for Delia's chocolate truffle torte mentioned in the "Christmas lunch/dinner" thread?

[quote user="Cassis"]Yes, but only if you eat a whole one, otherwise it does not work - a bit like not finishing a course of antibiotics.
[/quote]

A whole chocolate truffle torte is about 8 inches diameter, it is so rich than an inch slice is often more than enough - the thought of eating a whole one brings me out in a panic ![:)] 

Had 3 large glasses of Baileys & when I checked the bottle it said 327kcal per 100ml. The glass is 200ml+, hell that's a lot of calories[blink] more than in the grattons I should think. Thank God the wine bottles didn't have the calories on. I think the diet has been blown![:(] 

I thought all biscuits came broken........there is a man in the warehouse at the supermarket that weilds a hammer just for biscuits[blink] I know I used to work in one[I]

My blood sems to be none the worse for the duck scatchins It appears to be still pumping around.

It is probably that man who takes the calories then??!

Cassis my little world that looks like a microphone is illuminated!!!  Will you stop trying to sneak into my changing room, if i catch you again you'll be  in a hot dog bun before you can say 'onions and ketchup'!!

[quote user="Cassis"]Why is Megalou the only one lit up?  It's not fair.  I want a refund.  Or a glass of wine.
[/quote]

You're going to be in trouble with the Mods for meandering off topic Mister.  If you want to chat, go to the Lounge, you know the rules.

Meanwhile, ON topic, I'm eating a calorific curry, but it's such a lovely day that I may just burn it off later, as long as that pesky darkness doesn't descend too quickly.