Senseo tea bags?

Chancer

I am trying to be minimilist in my new small cuisine, I have thrown away things like the microwave and toaster and would like to do away with my electric kettle.

I have a Senseo machine that I use for coffee and would like to use it also for making tea for guests.

Do they make round dosettes for tea? Has anybody tried them? Do they work? etc.

I am sure that I can recollect having some round teabags in the past in England but do not know if they are the right size.

As an aside I went to a restaurant with a group of French friends last night, most of the group ordered tea at the end of the meal (YUK!) instead of coffee, I guess it is trendy. Anyway they were given a cup and saucer, teapot full of hot water and a teabag, every one chose to brew the tea in the cup which seemed kind of starnge to me.

I am going to ask for tea next time, brew it in the pot and see if I get thrown out!

A lot of people I know have tisane (herbal tea / infusion) rather than coffee at the end of an evening meal: camomile, lime blossom (tilleul), vervain, rose hip (Ă©glantine) or a mixed version of those...

It is served in a cup of hot water on a saucer.

[quote user="J.R."]

I aI am going to ask for tea next time, brew it in the pot and see if I get thrown out!

[/quote]

jr, but the water would still NOT be at boiling point!  it's almost impossible trying to explain how to make a nice cuppa in a way that would make sense to a non brit.  and, believe me, i have tried in many different parts of the world. 

then, there is the matter of the milk.  how do you explain that you prefer fresh (as opposed to uht or sterilised or evaporated or any other type) milk in your tea without coming across as being unecessarily fussy and hard to please?

wherever i have travelled in the world, one of things i always miss is a nice cup of tea british style, and this from someone who isn't even native born british!

Dick

Is that an adaptor for square teabags? Or perhaps round ones with a different diameter?

If round where can I buy the bags?

Many thanks.

P.S. I have never been able to make a "nice cuppa" so hopefully soon I will be able to blame the machine.

[quote user="KathyC"]How can anyone manage without a kettle?[/quote]

Having backpacked around the world I can tell you that it is easy to manage without 95% of the posessions, even clothes that we have amassed in a lifetime.

Having a new start in France and for the first 20 months camping inside a derelict, unheated and uninsulated house it soon became apparent what the priorities were.

1 - Water, to be able to wash, cook and more importantly flush a toilet. This avoided having to go into town to use the public toilets and to carry back water. The first week the clutch blew on the car so I had to cycle everywhere.

2. - Something to sleep on, hard to do a days work when continually tired/fatigued.

3. - Electricity, an all round convenience but it was mostly invaluable to heat water to take a long refreshing bath after a days work and for powering cement mixers etc. I used a genny for the first couple of weeks.

4. Warmth, come the winter I had to erect a gazebo in the house, use baches for side curtains and then bury it in insulation, this way I could keep in some heat from an electric fire.

I spent 11/2 winters like that but now am finally installed in the first new flat, it is a case of having to buy everything again but now I know what is really necessary and what will just take up space and gather dust.

The things that I no longer have and don't intend to replace.

Kettle - If I can use dosettes in the senseo for visitors I will have no need.

Microwave - No longer eat junk food, Ironically I bought one of the very first when I was young and it cost about 2 months salary!

Toaster - I have cut right down on bread but can use the grill if need be.

Diswasher - Have never had one and never will

Food mixer/processor

Iron and ironing board, together with all the clothes that needed ironing!

Music centre, no records or CD's but have plenty of radio stations on the sattelite.

I could go on but it is becoming a bit boring but suffice to say that I have lived very well without a kettle and can't foresee the ned for one.

P.S The first priority should of course have been shelter. Also to be truthfull I put learning the language above all the others as the first thing I did was to do an intensive course.