Monica Galetti

Théière

Actually the series is not about Monica travelling round France, but rather well know chefs visiting parts of the world where they may or may not have a connection.

Monica was in France (Jura), but previous episodes have been from Egypt, Argentina and India.

I like her a lot whenever I've seen her on programmes like Masterchef. Never could understand why her boss advertised those potatoes - does anyone know if they are any good? We're going to another of their restaurants, at Bray in about 10 days time - delayed birthday celebrations from last year. Hope they don't serve those potatoes!

I'll see if I can watch the programme of Monica in the Jura when we're back in England next weekend; I can't watch it here on the laptop.

I watched this even though I'd never heard of Monica Galetti and I thought is was a very interesting programme, The Jura reminded me of the Auvergne. The only thing that stops me making nettle soup is that my mother-in-law used to make it.

[quote user="Théière"]Those spuds are quite good, good all rounders, a little bit waxy like some of the french ones without the watery flesh of the UK.  Tried them because Aldi or Lidl sell them.

[/quote]

Huh?  WHAT spuds?  And I thought I watched the programme from start to finish!

Don't recall any spuds, special or otherwise?[8-)]

Mint, I asked about the potatoes as I liked Michel Roux and thought it odd that he advertised potatoes, and stepped down from his Masterchef : The Professionals role because of his ads. Google tells me that they were Albert Bartlett Rooster potatoes, and Théière says they are OK. Can't imagine buying them though.

GG, thanks for er......keeping me in the loop or whatever the expression is...........!!!

Sometimes I am a bit confused as to whether I am on the outside looking in or on the inside looking out.

Well, the name of the potatoes on its own is quite a mouthful, don't you think?