and this one too.............

Don't let my comments here put you off joining the only French association opposed to the systematic ruining of the countryside. In  fact, Paysages de France doesn't choose its members, we sort of hitch onto their technical backup opportunities and then we're pretty much left on our own.

As I said on the other thread before it was locked by one of the forum police, I've been physically threatened and verbally abused by representatives of the multinational advertising societies that have squatted French entrance roads.(often illegally)  I did think that on an English speaking forum in France  I'd find people susceptible to be sympathetic toward the protection of the French countryside and I was quite deceived to encounter the sort of suspicion as to my motives and the weird comments of denial of the problem that I read.

The other reason I've taken an 'offensive and sarcastic' (and  occasionally funny too, I hope) tone is because this forum gives newcomers the impression that it's some sort of private club that doesn't welcome new input from outsiders and certainly not if there's a whiff of controversy in their contributions. (I've never experienced a moderator so quick to (over) react on any other forum).

In the circomstances,  my  'Vitriolic and sarky posts' have been remarkably restrained, I feel.

Aren't there any French books anyone's read they'd like to talk about? It seems I'm the only one that's keeping on the subject here.

"I did think that on an English speaking forum in France  I'd find

people susceptible to be sympathetic toward the protection of the

French countryside and I was quite deceived to encounter the sort of

suspicion as to my motives and the weird comments of denial of the

problem that I read."

And you call yourself a writer?  Good heavens...

[quote user="Paysages de France"] 

................................................is because this forum gives newcomers the impression that it's some sort of private club that doesn't welcome new input from outsiders and certainly not if there's a whiff of controversy in their contributions. 

[/quote]

That's a bit like how I felt when first joining this forum but, to be honest,  it didn't last long. An argument (or two) whilst you are finding your feet and then the whole thing sort of 'gels'. At least I think it does, I might just be thought of by some as 'that prat with the bike'....[:)]

This is a good forum with a lot of interesting members and a wealth of knowledge. The tolerance of the 'Mods' on here is exceptional compared to some other forums where you can be banned for breaking wind. As I said previously lighten up.

PdF,

Would would walk into any public place, ie a pub or cafe.  See a group of people chatting and then walk up to them and just start spouting off a load of argumentative drivel?  I think not, so why should it be accepted on here.  Many new members introduce them selves first and then they get back many welcoming posts.

I do think you are quite hilarious and I haven't even had a drink yet, but perhaps you could do yourself a favour and start again.

"I've never experienced a moderator so quick to (over) react on any other forum"

I was told that the same type of post was posted on at least one other forum by you and that it was deleted (not locked) within minutes. At least you were given a fair chance here. As another member has said so many times before "it's good to debate", fine when it goes your way, when it doesn't, well it's a different matter.

[quote user="Quillan"]

"I've never experienced a moderator so quick to (over) react on any other forum"

I was told that the same type of post was posted on at least one other forum by you and that it was deleted (not locked) within minutes. At least you were given a fair chance here. As another member has said so many times before "it's good to debate", fine when it goes your way, when it doesn't, well it's a different matter.

[/quote]

Unless you are a Mod and then you can lock the thread or, even ignore the rules ..........................[:)][;-)] (remembered to bung the smileys on !)

[quote user="Tresco"]

[quote user="Russethouse"]It's only a rumor that I do have a sense of humor.[;-)][/quote]

OMG. Gay's turned into a nine year old American comic poet.[:D]

[/quote]

I don't know about nine year olds, but that's pure Ogden Nash (http://www.westegg.com/nash/)

(a real author - perhaps PdeF would like to point us towards some of his published work?)

[quote user="Paysages de France"]No, really, I  don't see the point in continuing, I think I'll let you get on with sending bread pudding out to the odd, far flung correspondants in  the Burmese rain forest (what's left of it).
[/quote]

Are you still here, I'm sure you said you were leaving and that was yesterday.

I'm reluctant to trust anyone who doesn't keep their word.......................[:)]

Vacation 1