French Sunsets

TempsPerdu

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a print-from-card service available in France? I have always had my prints done by Bruno (nice man) at a price, but in the UK I take in huge amounts of files (100+) to Jessops (no connection, just a customer recommendation, but if anyone wants to send me a lens or two...) on CD and get prints for a few pence each (5"x7") or a bit more for a bit bigger. Excellent quality, too.

I am just humming and ha-ing as to whether or not to get an A3 inkjet printer - the downside being the initial investment and the cost of media. It will probably be an Epson, and if anyone has any advice I'd enjoy reading it.

Is there a print-from-card service available in France? I have always had my prints done by Bruno (nice man) at a price, but in the UK I take in huge amounts of files (100+) to Jessops (no connection, just a customer recommendation, but if anyone wants to send me a lens or two...) on CD and get prints for a few pence each (5"x7") or a bit more for a bit bigger. Excellent quality, too.

I am just humming and ha-ing as to whether or not to get an A3 inkjet printer - the downside being the initial investment and the cost of media. It will probably be an Epson, and if anyone has any advice I'd enjoy reading it.

I love my Canon S9000, Dick (whoops, Mr Fluffy, sorry), ink cartridges are extremely good value.  The newer version has, I believe, 7 seperate ink cartridges so keeps usage down to a minimum.  I don't A3 print very often but it's there if I need it and it makes a fine everyday printer the rest of the time - there's a "fast print, all black" setting which uses minimal ink.  On the finest setting using Canon Photo paper Pro (bought from 7dayshop.com) the quality of the prints is superb. When I came over here, it sat in the loft for about 6 months unused and when I put it back into service it worked straight out of the blocks - no head clogging etc.  It's now about 4 years old and works as well as the day I bought it.

As a trial, I downloaded some pictures to a CD and took them to the Geant store in Poitiers. They have a small machine just inside the door. Printed out at 10 x 8 and they are really good. Cost was minimal too. 27cents a picture.

A tough one to answer as I only have another Canon to compare it to.  It's as good as I could want.  A mag' somewhere must have done comparison tests - I bought it because a couple of computer mags gave it a very high rating when it came out but things have changed no doubt.  I could do a sample print for you but again, unless you have an Epson to compare it to, it may not get you very far.

• 4 weeks later...

The colours are wonderful and the sky just seems bigger!

We see the Pyrenees back lit by the setting sun and it takes our breath away. We once watched a storm back light them too, they are 100 miles away. Frances (OH) said that it was like standing on the hills above Stroud, Gloucestershire (where we used to live) and watching a storm over London!