Adobe Acrobat

I don't quite know where to post this, so I'll put it under photography.

Someone has sent me some photos (of a dog needing a home) and they are in Adobe Acrobat.  I can't find a way to get them into "mes Images" and then on to Photobucket.  [8-)]

Once before when I received photos like that I printed them, then scanned them into "mes Images", but I'm sure there's a simpler way !    [:$]

Any ideas would be much appreciated.  Many thanks.

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

What I can't understand is why people send photos in pdf format then.

[/quote]Unless they do not have broadband, in which case it is quicker and therefore potentially cheaper.

I've been trying all sorts of things and have had no luck.  You can easily print a single page, but not a portion of it.  To do the former, right click on the page, select print, and then "Print current page". 

If you are sending something to someone who may or may not have the same software as you used to originate the document, then .pdf is what you use, or if you want them NOT to use the photos in some way! Not Christine's case.

I used to use it a lot to send documents to people, and now I use it to pass documents on to kids - whatever their platform and software, they can read it as I wrote it.

I have copied pdf photographs by using the following method:

Arrange the pdf document on the screen in an appropriate manner and pres PrSc (Print Screen). An image of the screenshot is then saved on the clipboard.

Open an image manipulation program (Photoshop etc)

Paste the saved image into a New template.

You can then manipulate the image and save it as a JPEG.

[quote user="cooperlola"]Unless they do not have broadband, in which case it is quicker and therefore potentially cheaper.[/quote]Not so I'm afraid.

jpg files are already highly compressed and if you create a PDF with them then the size of the PDF will be equal to the sum of the individual jpg's plus a bit for the PDF wrapper so there is no advantage it doing it.

For the same reason, other than for the convenience of bundling several pictures into one file, there is no real point it zipping up jpg's.

Someone on the forum has very kindly done them for me.  He said he copied and pasted each photo into Publisher and then "save as" jpg.

I have found where it says under Edition you copy into "presse-papiers", which I suppose is what Clark means by clipboard.  But I must be tired or something, now I can't find how to get to the presse-papiers !   [:'(]   [8-)]

Back in a former life, I produced many technical/commercial documents which I then converted to Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format before these were sent out electronically or on CD to our customers for them to read using Acrobat reader; the intention was to allow documents to be read/printed out but not altered or for photographs in these documents which were copyrighted to be reproduced.

Brian

A nifty bit of software came with our Epson printer called ABBYY Finereader - it converts any scanned document or pdf file to text and image which can be output to Word etc. 

If anyone wants to go the other way and create their own pdf files without buying Adobe Acrobat Editor, you can download some freeware called PDFCreator.