Off road parking?

Jonzjob

[quote user="Megan le Fey"][:P]I bet it is a woman who parks her.[:P][/quote]

I was going to say that too!

When we had our caravan and Range Rover (40' all together) it was me that had to do any moneovering as the OH couldn't manage it [:P]

As a woman driver, even I sometimes despair at some other females attempts at parking.   My daughter in law is a dreadful example having written-off two cars in less than a year, classic example of one prang that smashed-up the wheels on one side of the car was

"A puddle sucked me in and I hit the kerb...................."

No we don't quite understand that either, much less my son who has ranted about "Women drivers" ever since.   However, they bought another car last month and guess who kerbed the car yesterday, smashing up two wheels?    It wasn't a female![:P]

[quote user="Framboise"]

"A puddle sucked me in and I hit the kerb...................."

No we don't quite understand that either, much less my son who has ranted about "Women drivers" ever since.   However, they bought another car last month and guess who kerbed the car yesterday, smashing up two wheels?    It wasn't a female![:P]

[/quote]

Ah yes but he wasn't sucked in??[Www][:D]

I think that there are2  types of woman driver, very good and very bad. With men there are the FULL range, but none will admit to being anything less than perfect. I know that I'm perfect, with exceptions to prove the rule of course!![8-|]

[quote user="Jonzjob"]

About 6 inches at the back and 3 at the front. It is used too and reparked, but I haven't seen the act![:-))]

[/quote]

Could have used the devices that car showrooms have (and some market traders) - basically frames with castors that fit under each wheel and are then jacked up to allow the vehicle to be pushed into position on the castors.

Pickles

Yes, and I am a  Very Very Good Driver, naturellement!     Oh except for parking sometimes - depends if I get the right angle.....!  [:$]

Son has no bizarre excuse like being sucked into a puddle because he kerbed the car whilst apparently fiddling with the CD and a roundabout lunged at him, but I think the council have replaced the whirlpool puddle with a speed-bump now so there is no longer any danger of vehicles being sucked in.   Could this be a phenomena like the Bermuda Triangle?   The Cobham Triangle - dangerous to trucks, buses, aeroplanes and VW Golfs.  

Perhaps the motorhome was casually trundling along a side road and that vast chasm opened up and dragged it sideways, I mean, that would explain how they got it in there?    [:D] 

[quote user="Pickles"][quote user="Jonzjob"]

About 6 inches at the back and 3 at the front. It is used too and reparked, but I haven't seen the act![:-))]

[/quote]

Could have used the devices that car showrooms have (and some market traders) - basically frames with castors that fit under each wheel and are then jacked up to allow the vehicle to be pushed into position on the castors.

Pickles
[/quote]

Forgot to mention. slight uphill from the road to the wall at the back...

Well Fram, that's perfectly acceptable. I mean you have GOT to fiddle with the CD when you are going hell for leather at a roundabout. What a stupid place to put it anyway???[:-))]

Yes haha!   I could add that old chestnut "I've never had an accident, but I have seen thousands.....".

Not true though.  However, last year I was driving through our road-humped streets here and some moronic woman pulled out from a side turning right into the front of my car, afterwards stating "I didn't see you...." - and I was driving a Toyota Surf.  A big black & chrome thing about the size of the moon.   I was also about 2 yards from the side turning when she drove at me, with me looking incredulous as she stuck her foot on the pedal and went for it!  However I have to say that it was a case of Toyota Surf 1 - PT Cruiser 0.   Minimum damage to me but her car was totalled. Serves her right too.

Two weeks later out with my sister in a multi-storey.  Just rounding the corner into the parking area when another moronic woman slapped her Golf into reverse and smashed into my sister's new car!!   Then she tries to blame US for her putting the car in the wrong gear!    Needless to add we disputed this and the CCTV man came down and invited stupid woman to come and view the film he had of her careering backwards and into the front of my sister's car.

As a woman driver I despair of (Other) women drivers, oh and Rover drivers.  Ignite blue touchpaper and retire quickly.....!!!! [:P]

Could it be one of those vehicles that I have always dreamed of owning where you can release the wheels so they turn sideways and you can park with out all that to-ing and fro-ing.

Jonzjob you need to lie in wait and get a video of this for youtube  

• 4 weeks later...

Come on now Pads. Tell me that Chonggoing is in Cornwall?? Anyway if he had a mate at the top wiv a rope he could have water skeed up there??

As far as floods are concerned, I'm glad we are NOT in Stroud any more, well Golucester anyway. That's where a lot of friends and relatives are and we wish them good luck!!!

OK, but once agin, can we have some of your rain, pretty pleeze?

The 2 Tracker water bombing aircraft have just flown over us back to Carcassonne for the night. Possibly after dropping their fire retardent cargo on even more forest fires to the East of us, in the Var? It makes my heart drop every time I see them on their way. Whatever they are paid, it ain't enough!!!

I could believe that, seeing where they drop their water bombs, one of those guys parked that camping car!!!

Now is that a gin or water you want? [Www] We are having a heat wave here starting on the 15th Aug, cos it said so in the papers, which is good as hubby gets home on the 13th [:)] so no you cant have my rain as I will need it. Any how I hav'nt seen my brie yet !!! make sure your not walking in the woods when one of those water bombs gets dropped, that would be funny...............Do they tell people some how when they are going to do it ? Px

I don't think that itwould be tooo dificult to hazard a guess as to where they will be dropping. You would probably see lots of smoke and fire all around you!!![:-))]

There was an accident reported in Canada a few years back where a 'Mars' flying boat water bomber had a report of a body being dumped along with it's water on a fire. The Mars is a huge plane, a bit larger than the old Sunderland and it picked up a diver in one of the water refill lakes. He should not have been in the water anyway, but what a way to go!!

The camping car was not in it's 'parking place' the last time we went passed, so it ain't a permanent fixture, they do use it and quite frequently too!

Edit :- The gin will do quite nicely thank you...

Oh my god what a horrible way to go.................Can you Imagine what was going on in his mind one min swimming along, WHAM lifted out of the water , he must of thought it was aliens[:-))] Then you have whats going on in the mind of the people who found him, a man in a frog suit (do they call them that in france?) in the middle of a forrest !!! Freaky Friday or wot?

I thought you meant they wet the forrest to prevent fires , which was why I imagined people walking there. 

One Gin 'n'Tonic as ordered cheers[:)] enjoy

Ta for the G&T!!

Unfortunately they don't really have the aircraft to keep up with the fires, so wetting down is not an option... I would think that they would have to put so much water on it to wet it that it just would not be practible? It's only the Canidair amphibian aircraft that use water here and they scoop it up in the same way as the Mars do. The Tracker and Dash6 are land based and have to fly back to an airfield to replenish with fire retardent liquid. Red stuff I think, but no idea what it is.

Have a look at this site it's quite impressive http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadair_CL-215 . And the big-un http://www.martinmars.com/profile.htm !!!

I felt sorry for the aircrew that picked up the swimmer. It was a water pickup designated lake and NO-ONE was allowed to swim. Mind you he won't do it again[:-))]!