Beds

Chris Head

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Chris Head"]

You're both getting closer to the hangover from hell, I'd stop there!

Chris

[/quote]

I don't know? The young ones today, a simple sniff at the barmaids apron and they get a hangover! Not like that in my youth  [Www][B]..... 15 pints of Tiger and still drive home...[8-|]

What's wrong with creme de menth. It makes a lovely wood die or do I mean dead?

[quote user="Chris Head"]....... her design not mine.    Chris[/quote]

Never mind it was her design, it is your execution of it which will be most admired!...

When I look at furniture I never think of the designer, I always think first of the craftpeople and their craftmanship.

These other beds in softwood are nowt a patch on this! Kids in woodwork class would have done just as good.... it doesn't mean that I don't admire the idea behind the plans and drawings...

They all look pretty good to me - mind you our bed was included in the purchase of the house and was I think the original wedding bed furniture! The only thing we really worry about is the pile of woodworm sawdust appearing regularly from underneath - even though it's been sprayed - their onto the wardrobe now as well!

Keni

(I'm a she not a he!)

[quote user="Keni"]

They all look pretty good to me - mind you our bed was included in the purchase of the house and was I think the original wedding bed furniture! The only thing we really worry about is the pile of woodworm sawdust appearing regularly from underneath - even though it's been sprayed - their onto the wardrobe now as well!

Keni

(I'm a she not a he!)

[/quote]

You shure that it's not just the dust getting rattled out now Keni-she? If it is the woodworm then you really need to get some serious killer in there, not cats, they are bloody useless against anything useful. They just kill the nice things in life [Www]!

Get the matress off of the bed and get a good amount of woodworm killer in there. sleep in another room for a week before you go anywhere near puttting the matress back on. Do the same with the wardrobe too, but you won't have to worry about removing a matress (sorry, but you really have to think of the people who may have a matress on the wardrobe, strange I know, but?). It could save you finishing up on the downstairs floor unexpectedly one night, still on your matress? (Slow down John, your imagination is getting the better, must be the Jenlain?)

HAA I knew it Dotty! I'll bet there's loads of folk just cringing at the post! Dunno why I put it up, it seemed like a good idea at the time! You were getting closer, 875 was the answer, double that in retail outlets.

Wotcha Keni-she, I'd go with what John said, sounds about right? If the chemicals don't work try the creme de menthe! Erm, if you need a hand let me know!

Chris

Here's a cat in training to catch woodworm John! It also leaves an interesting texture on the wood. [:D]

[img]http://www.lovethatcat.com/images/albertpost27.jpg[/img]

Chris 875, that sounds like a bargain, everyone will be asking you for a bed now! Out of interest how much is the cost of the wood alone? And how much would it cost in the UK?? (or am i being too nosey!)

We got some huge oak beams a while ago and were shocked by how cheap it was over here!

Louise

Well he looks like he's alot more useful than our cats, here's two of them & their idea of training.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/chrishead/DSC01053.jpg[/IMG]

USELESS!

The timber is about 200 euro and all green, apart from the slats which are kiln dried Oak. It would be a minimum of double that in the UK but I'm not up to date with current UK prices.

I'm one of those daft bruggers in life to whom money means absolutely nothing, in truth I'd pay to do my work (don't tell Sarah I said that perrllease!) one of the many great things about being here is that overheads are as low as they can be, and we just don't need money like we used to in the UK, to being doing what I do from where we are is a dream come true.

Chris

Sadly that isn't a piccies of one of my cats, they would never be sensible enough to use an official post, not when the kitchen table legs are available.......I've given up trying to stop them!

I envy your position Chris, i'd love to be in the same situation..........maybe one day..........! But your right it's not the money that's important it's doing something you love. I wish more people in the world thought along those lines. Money can't buy happiness.....and thank goodness for that (i'd be a miserable old bag!) [:D]

Louise