Condenser Drying system

surgeonofsteel

They're not as good as having it vented to outside but are much better than just letting it vent into the house.  As long as you empty the water container after each use and clean all the muck out of the condensor regularly then they are quite good.

I have one here in the uk and I wouldn't be without it.  Mine automatically cuts out when the water needs emptying (I don't need to do it after every cycle) but I do clean the filter each time.  PM me if you would like the make and model.

Over the years we have had two or three combined washing machine condensor dryers. The latest is a Whirlpool. Previous were Bosch. They condensed and the water drains through the outlet pipe. No need to empty any tanks. Good bit of kit. The Whirlpool is 6 or 7 years old now & still going strong. The first Bosch lasted well over 10 years. I have no links to either manufacturer. If you can I would suggest buying in the UK if your French is not great, as you will likely as not only get French instructions. However, you can go to the website and download the English version.

Paul

If an appliance is destined to be sited in France then I thik its best to buy it in France, it makes service (such as it is) easier.

I will never buy another Bosch though, twice I had to wait 3 weeks for a washing machine repair man to call, the third time I had a problem I replaced the machine With 4 adults at home I really can not go for that length of time without a washer.

THere may be a different situation in France, but I think its worth asking what call out times are.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We have a Whirlpool condenser tumble dryer in our house in France and a vent through the wall one back at home.

From our experience the condenser tumble dryer is not as nearly effective and on many occasions has driven my wife and I around the bend, in trying to get washed towels dry on the day of our departure from France, when the weather is not good enough to hang them on the outside washing line!! 

Speaking as a newcomer to the wonderful world of tumble dryers, the Indesit condenser dryer we've got seems quick and efficient.  I believe that evacuation dryers tend to be more energy efficient, though, so they are probably preferable as long as the venting does not inconvenience you.

We purchased a combi washer/ condenser dryer in France and I absolutely hate it! I am in the UK at the moment and cannot think of the brand at the moment. I would never buy another again. For me the condenser dryer is just like putting clothes in an oven to dry them. They come out with the wrinkles cooked in and in much worse condition [:@]. I have ruined a couple of favourite old fleeces of mine I like to wear on very cold days that I have owned for years.

I can't justify it at the moment because it is new and we paid over 550 euros for it but I cannot wait until it stops working so that I can replace it with an ordinary washer and separate vented dryer.

Thanks for the tip Gay. Here in the UK with our ordinary washer and dryer, fluffy towels are not a problem but in France with our combined one it certainly is. I will definitely give it a try.

Cassis, that is another reason it is so frustrating, we have the space so buying a combined washer and dryer was not necessary. I had never owned one and didn't realise how bad they were and at the time thought it would be an easy option and seemed a good buy. Lesson learned [:(]

Good tip Mikew !  I try not to overload mine.

I'm very happy with my condenser dryer and find that if I give the clothes a good shake before putting them in, and again when I take them out, I don't have a problem with creasing.