Limescale remover

minnie

[quote user="tinabee"]

[quote user="Bernice"]Viakal is very good - you can buy it in most of the supermarkets.

Bernice

[/quote]

Agree - but test it first if you are using it near chrome taps (it can discolour them a bit).

[/quote]

Viakal - Do not use on:

Enamel baths. Inside plastic kettles. Gold plated fittings. Marble and

natural stones. Silver. Worn, damaged or cracked surfaces. Hot surfaces.

Appliances.....

Use vinegar - cheap, efficient, fosse friendly and does no harm to your appliaces!

[quote user="andyh4"]

[quote user="Jay"]

Use vinegar - cheap, efficient, fosse friendly and does no harm to your appliaces!
[/quote]

Even vinegar is not good on marble and limestone tiles.

[/quote]

Geologically speaking, they are limescale from an earlier generation.[;-)]

[quote user="minnie"]Is there a product I can buy to deal with particularly stubborn limescale on bathroom sinks, toilets and shower trays; also surrounding tiles? I'm sure that there must be some effective product out there![/quote]

Mix the pH minus power that is used in swimming pools with wallpaper paste to make a nice thick gel and and paint it on.

Thank you for that piece of information. It surprises me that in our Health and Safety conscious world that such Victorian labelling is still permitted. You're precautions are absolutely necessary.

(I am in deepest France at the moment with only dial-up to access the internet. Any reply to any post is subject to extreme delay! The alternative is go down to Macdonalds and sit in the car park. In this weather? Not on your Nellie!)