M & S, Chronopost and My Legal Rights

mint

[quote user="Chancer"]

I think that M&S have reacted very well and have done all that you could expect of them.

Its a pity that you are not seen as a customer by Chronopost but just one of the great unwashed as you could try explaining to them the concept of compensation, actually I bet they treat their customers with the same indifference.

What sort of a journey does it entail for you to go to Poitiers to collect in future? Sometimes you just have to accept that you will never win against certain adversaries and compromise.

[/quote]

Er............about 2 hours there and 2 hours back, Chancer!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that far, Wooly, but I have the b******s on the run now and I hope and intend to press home fully my advantage.

The M & S person who rang said she would be following this with interest and that she would make jolly sure tomorrow that she has some sort of answer from them.

Anyway, Wools, do you think the cries of the peacocks would alert them to chez moi?  I mean, this is getting to be a ridiculous conversation.

If they'd asked for Madame Sweet ANYWHERE in our community, they'd have been directed here straightaway.....really![+o(]

Let us all forget about M & S entering into the market place and delivering to European destinations.

You have a contract with them they have not fulfilled it quite simple really.

In October we went back to the Uk and to Newport Gwent M & S and to renew as part of the trip my wife's Passport. Found her in M and S the pos terminal was playing up I became concerned and believed that the payment was going through twice. No Sir it is not the case...... ok I believe you.

Got back to France checked on line two payments for the same amount have gone through the account.

It took us some eight weeks to resolve and then only when I threatened to issue proceedings on line on behalf of my client......my wife. It was horrendous and we managed to get the cash back and equally for a gift voucher in the sum of £50. We did not need it all that was required was a credit for the over payment. Simples!

This is not the M & S of the 60's and 70's.

Dragon, is anything like the 60s and 70s?  At least, M & S has a (perhaps more than one?) call centre in the UK and you can understand each other.

But, of course, you don't get to speak to anyone "in charge"!  You get put through to the "escalator team", too embarrassing to call it the Customer Complaints Team, wouldn't it?

This all now feels a bit like the Labour Party:  that is, you get the feeling that they don't really listen and, when they do, you definitely know that they only get part of the picture.

I have lost count of the number of times I have repeated things on the phone to them in the last 2 to 3 weeks but, what can you do?  You repeat yourself or you hang up the phone.  Sometimes, there IS only the one option available to you.

My dear old dad used to say:  never do things by halves and, if he's listening wherever he is now, he'd be nodding and smiling, I hope!

Dragon, I've had another thought since I wrote my last post.  I think my most profound thoughts whilst washing my smalls at the kitchen sink, really.........

Whilst we no longer have 60s and 70s customer service, we do, however, have the advantage of the internet and Forums like this one where grievances are aired and topics are discussed.

To be honest (Ă  vrai dire, as the French would say), if I were a seller of goods or services and I were failing my customers, I'd be afraid, VERY AFRAID![blink]

[quote user="sweet 17"]

To be honest (Ă  vrai dire, as the French would say), if I were a seller of goods or services and I were failing my customers, I'd be afraid, VERY AFRAID![blink]

[/quote]

Methinks that despite your now impressive language skills you are still a long way from becoming a French citizen [6][;-)]

[quote user="bubbles"]Has it arrived yet, Sweets?[/quote]

Yes!!!  About 15 minutes ago.

And to the house............Driver rang from down the road and OH waited for him outside the gates.

Thank you, everybody, for your support, advice, information, moral support.

Special thanks to JR for your PMs, to Bubbles for checking up on me, to Wooly for helping me keep my sense of humour.

So, now, anybody got any problems with M & S deliveries, I'm your first port of call, AFTER M & S themselves, OK, chaps and chapettes?[:D]

[quote user="cooperlola"][quote user="sweet 17"]

is anything like the 60s and 70s?

[/quote]Happily not.  Imagine getting stuff sent to France then?  It took ages and cost a packet, as I remember.  And what's more, imagine dressing now as we did then....[:-))]
[/quote]

Actually, Coops, I thought you looked quite delectable in your mini skirt, with the OH as arm candy...[;-)]

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Actually both, GG:  9 pairs of socks pour moi and 4 complete sets of thermals for the OH.

He's now gone out without even a coat and is a very happy bunny.

[/quote]

Extravant rich people!! What on earth do you do with nine pairs of socks? This is just Western capitalism at its most consumeristic - possessions, possessions. No wonder the Third World is starving. No wonder China is thriving or wherever!!!  Outrageous[6][;-)][:$]

[quote user="woolybanana"][quote user="sweet 17"]

Actually both, GG:  9 pairs of socks pour moi and 4 complete sets of thermals for the OH.

He's now gone out without even a coat and is a very happy bunny.

[/quote]

Extravant rich people!! What on earth do you do with nine pairs of socks? This is just Western capitalism at its most consumeristic - possessions, possessions. No wonder the Third World is starving. No wonder China is thriving or wherever!!!  Outrageous[6][;-)][:$]

[/quote]

They were very cheap and on offer!  Besides, once all my toes are poking through my socks at one end and my heel through the other, I do tend to relegate them to the "rags" bag and they are then only good for polishing the furniture.  And all the ones I have (with the exception of the newly-arrived ones) are in the state of dilapidation just described.

Do you really think the Chinese economy is growing at nearly 10% a year because I have been such a spoilt, extravagant, consumerist woman?  Please, please ,Wools, reassure me that is not so cos I don't think I can bear to be filled with this guilt complex and then I shan't sleep again tonight?

No, because the nearest Decathlon is over an hour away and besides, when I first did the shopping with the finger clicking, it wasn't meant to have taken 5 weeks![:@]

And several phone calls, a fax and a bunch of emails....

Darning, Minnie?  But where would I get that wooden spherical thing that you need to put the sock into before you could start darming?

Is there a shop in France that sells that device or do you think that M & S might sell one?[blink]

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Darning, Minnie?  But where would I get that wooden spherical thing that you need to put the sock into before you could start darming?

Is there a shop in France that sells that device or do you think that M & S might sell one?[blink]

[/quote]

If you can find a sewing shop that is not closed for lunch/les vacances or a fermeture exceptionelle then whilst probably not having one in stock they will rummage through some very old VPC catalogues and order one in for you, it should only take a few weeks and cost no more than €150 plus delivery, you might even get it delivered direct to your domicile by Chronopost [6]

[quote user="gardengirl "]Do you still have the legs for mini skirts? Mine went south along with other body parts! [:D][/quote]Definately not. Not least because my right leg now looks as if it belongs to Frankenstein's monster, it has so many scars![:-))]

EEEK - My new laptop types drivel. Help!

EDIT : Help not needed.   A quick trip around the search facility fixed the problem.[:)]