Police Report

I need to obtain a report on my criminal behavior while I lived in France for immigration purposes to the USA. Does anyone know where to apply for this? It's basically a report that will say "Mr Coeur de Lion II has been a good gaçon and has done nothing at all wrong during his 5 years in France". Obviously, it'll be in French, but that should be the drift of it.

I have tried a google search, but my French is getting worse by the day.

Many thousand thank yous in advance.

You should apply for this

http://www.vos-droits.justice.gouv.fr/casier-judiciaire-11942/

It show that you have a record which is 'blanc' and has the advantage that it is supposed to be a 'proof' that you have done nothing wrong

I think this is the one to go for

http://www.vos-droits.justice.gouv.fr/casier-judiciaire-11942/casier-judiciaire-demande-de-bulletin-numero-3-20249.html

The office is at Nantes, but you can apply by Internet

• 1 month later...
Wow, who says the French are always slow and inefficient?

I applied online this morning for my police check. Submitted the online form and emailed my id, and within an hour received an email confirming my certificate is being mailed out as we speak. I thought this was going to be the hard one.

In contrast, getting my Australian and English police checks is already more complicated than it need be.

and it's free, unlike the UK who charge about £80.00

BTW, when I applied, the yanks refused to believe that Scotland was part of the UK, so if you lived there for 6+ months you may have the same problem.

I'm glad you got it quickly, I know that that is possible.

Trouble is that after a few things I have seen recently they are  pretty worthless too as far as I am concerned.

I know of some incidents that should be on record that are not.

I know that you need it and have to jump through hoops to get your paperwork sorted out.

I don't know how these things work in say the UK (or Australia) to be honest. All I know is that I have seen a 'clean' french record when the person in question is not clean.

[quote user="idun"]

I know that you need it and have to jump through hoops to get your paperwork sorted out.

I don't know how these things work in say the UK (or Australia) to be honest. All I know is that I have seen a 'clean' french record when the person in question is not clean.

[/quote]

Are you hinting that the Lionheart is not as 'clean' as we all think [6]

[quote user="betty"]and it's free, unlike the UK who charge about £80.00

BTW, when I applied, the yanks refused to believe that Scotland was part of the UK, so if you lived there for 6+ months you may have the same problem.[/quote]

Simple reason, Scotland has a separate legal system and a separate Criminal Records office, so the Yanks are up too speed.

Boiling a frog

If you read my post again, I said “the yanks refused to believe that Scotland was part of the UK”

This was not about the Scottish legal system but purely a matter of general knowledge.

So, contrary to your beliefs the yanks were not up to speed….

Incidentally, ACPO Criminal Records Office for the UK covers England, N.Ireland, Wales, UK Armed Forces and Scotland.

[quote user="betty"]

If you read my post again, I said “the yanks refused to believe that Scotland was part of the UK”

This was not about the Scottish legal system but purely a matter of general knowledge.

So, contrary to your beliefs the yanks were not up to speed….

Incidentally, ACPO Criminal Records Office for the UK covers England, N.Ireland, Wales, UK Armed Forces and Scotland.[/quote]

Better than being told that Scotland is part of England ,or that Scots are really just English with a funny accent.

[quote user="Frecossais"]Do you think Scotland might not be part of the UK very soon?

[/quote]No referendum until Autumn 2014 and the result is by no means certain. Even after a "Yes" vote it will take some time to implement any separation so it will be at least 3 years