Coming up 60! Need an EXPERIENCE!

Sue Smith

Well, it just so happens....

http://events.oreca.fr/newsletter/stage_precision_08/precision08.htm

Oreca do loads of these, mostly Dijon based.  Or you can drive round the Bugatti Circuit at Le Mans in a Ford GT/Lambo, you name it.  It depends where you are, really, but if I were a sports car enthusiast (as if...) I'd pick LM for its history.

For bikes, I'd ask Mr S Driver!

Hi Russethouse and Cooperlola,

Many thanks for the info. Dijon is certainly nearer to us BUT, not being a bike/car person, feel I ought to stick with his Harley/Jaguar dream.  I'm glad to see that this sort of thing is available in France as we have lots of friends who would love a gift of this sort. Personally, I'd prefer a couple of books and a bottle of wine, never having been the adventurous sort!

Thanks again for the help,

Sue.

Ooops, posted under bikes before I saw this

try http://www.grandtouringclub.co.uk they have Jaguar E-Type Coupe, Jaguar E-Type V12 Convertible, Jaguar Mark II Saloon; or even piece de resistance SS100, make sure you haven't got short arms though.

if the budget doesn't do it then try www.jec.org.uk/ Jaguar Enthusiasts' Club (JEC) 
UK based with info about Jag events

[8-|] with all its drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
Strive to be happy. Do one thing everyday that scares you!

[quote user="Bob T"]If someone gave me a Hardly Davison experience, I would think that they don't like me! Everyone to their own I suppose.

[/quote]

Hey Bob.... they can be kind of fun. I had one a few bikes ago and in the right place, the right weather and in the right mood they can be kind of fun. I believe the new ones even have brakes now [:D](sadly mine didn't)! [:'(]

I'd consider getting another one even if just for the noise.[8-|]

Of course if the mountain won’t come to Mohammad. . . and don't forget to wear your Tattershall Check

May 16/22

Entente Cordiale to Brittany. This now famous annual excursion visits Brittany in 2008. Details, Lynne Beadle,Kelsey Publishing 01959 543529

17/18

JEC Racing. Invitation event Spa Belgium. Details Terry Dye 01453 842399 or see website

June 14/1`5

Le Mans 24 hour race. Large JEC presence. Details Simon & Ann Cronin 01962 852970. 

July 11/13

The Le Mans Classic. JEC presence. Details Simon & Ann Cronin 01962 852970. 

Sept 13/14

JEC Tour of the Pyrenees, taking in Angouleme Circuit Des Ramparts and the Loire Valley. Details Ray & Barbara Guiver 01308 488421

18th/23

JEC trip to Angouleme for the annual Circuit des Rampart. Details Simon and Ann Cronin 01962 852970. 
[:)] recommended, home turf!

[quote user="Bob T"]Why not organise a microlight flight instead. My wife was 60 the other day so we went flying and she enjoyed it, mind you she normally rides around on her 1100cc BMW motorbike.
[/quote]

My friend is terrified of heights!!! Glad you both enjoyed it though.

Sue.