Corkscrews, milk products and magic. In France there's a museum for everything...

It may not look unusual on paper but Le Secq des Tournelles in Rouen is amazing.

The salt museum in Batz is excellent

[IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y194/russethouse/IMG_0355.jpg[/IMG]

and there is an interesting little museum in Plozevet which features miniature breton furniture and is run by a  charming mother and son team. (theres a whole story to this which I could bore you with another time [:)])

There's the Musee de l'Automate in Souillac (46). It's quite small, but well worth a visit. The exhibits include an entire life size inpolitically correct jazz band.

The adults in the family found it more interesting than the children did.

Hoddy

Edited for spelling. H

Was on holiday in the Lot once and nearby (near Fumel I think) was a Prune Museum.  Didn't go though as we thought that the sight of all those plums drying in the sun was a bit too stimulating [:$]

Some good ones in PdC.  Especially recommended is the new Agincourt museum (but then again I'm a bit of an archery nut) and La Coupole V2 rocket base.  Both excellent for adults and kids.

[quote user="Hoddy"]There's the Musee de l'Automate in Souillac (46). It's quite small, but well worth a visit. The exhibits include an entire life size inpolitically correct jazz band.

The adults in the family found it more interesting than the children did.

Hoddy

Edited for spelling. H[/quote]

There's another of these in Falaise - about the same size and similar content. Most of the automata were originally made to grace the Christmas widow displays of big department stores.