what is this weed?

Chauffour

hi all, we seem to be overrun with this weed this year, its quite easy to remove but I'm keen to know what it is and why we have so much of it. (I don't recall seeing it in previous years)

We are in 24 (north west, close to the Charente border)

thanks

It looks exactly like a bunch of something I have sitting on the counter at the moment. I think its called summer persillaine (sp?) and in French its called Pourpier.

M. Ricardo gives it to us, to stop MOH having a heart attack. You can eat it in Salads but only after checking with a neighbour that i'm right!!!

It may look nice but it is very invasive and spreads very easily, on the veg patch.  Being a succulent it also thrives in the dry weather, I have found it best to let it get big and pull it out as a  complete plant, hoeing seems to just spread it, as does the rotovator.

If you only have a little then try painting on glyphosphate neat with a small brush or a large area can be sprayed using a diluted mix. Bricos have it under different names/labels, Roundup, Vimorin etc, and the cheapest just labelled Glyphosphate. Will take about a week to see a significant change if spraying, worked for us.................John not Jackie 

thanks everyone, we now know it's summer persillane, it's proving easy to remove so we're just pulling it up.

It occured to me 2 days ago that it was probably in the manure we put down last autumn, only rational explanation.

happy weeding