Micro Tractors

NuBeginnings

Any one have any experience with the Koti CK22 micro tractor ? I have about 12 acres of grass to cut, the other uses I want it for is to run a Fendeuses de Buches "Rabaud" model F13 ECO

at a later date I am looking to add on to it a loader.

I am looking to purchase one with a 1.5m Tondeuses and mulching kit

I have been quoted €12,800 TTC for the CK22

& €1,548 for the Tondeuses and €1,267 for the Fendeuse.

The dealer wants €14,900 for the lot but I have offered him €14,750 my start price was €14,500 ! But I tried to meet him just over half way but he won't budge ;-(

Its a big spend and I want to make sure I am getting the best price and model I can. But I am new to the tractor lark !

Any advise appreciated, I have also contacted KOTI France direct and am waiting to here back

I have nothing to add regarding that specific make, but the one thing I will say is check very carefully for spares backup, not just from the supplying shop.

Kubota is the most popular make, and one of the dearest, but any decent agri spares place will have or be able to order any parts you may need. I bought a Yanmar as it was cheaper, however, finding parts is almost impossible - to the point where I now buy Kubota parts and modify them to fit where possible.

After a lot of haggling the chap in the local shop would not budge on price, that aside the koti brand seems to be well established in my local area so I am not worried about parts.

But after the dealer would not budge on price I decided to spread my hunt further afield.

Prices in France seem much higher than other parts of Europe. I have located the same tractor in Ireland for substantially less and it comes with more bits ;-)

I am now looking at transportation options to collect the one in Ireland.

Here is the link to the tractor I like what do you think ?

http://www.donedeal.co.uk/for-sale/tractors/1853435

First up I have to say I don't know a lot about tractors but it seems to me that 12 acres (6 hectares?) is quite a lot for a  micro tractor and something a bit bigger may be better for cutting all that grass.

Anyway have a look HERE for all sorts of agri machinery both new and used, maybe there's a bargain to be had.  Seems to be some deals in Belgium which would save the transport across the sea.

Be careful on Agriaffaires - there are a lot of scams so use common sense and never send any money upfront.

Yes, most stuff is cheaper elsewhere in Europe. I bought mine in UK. I bought a cheap-ish used trailer and towed it back myself from Scotland and still saved a fortune compared to local prices.

We have a Jinma - bought here- which hasn't been too bad but we have to get spares from the UK.

Looking back, it might have been wiser to buy a second hand "good make" such as Massey Ferguson which seem to go on for ever.There are lots around.

If you ever want to sell a chinese/japanese minitractor the locals are very suspicious of them, and I think we will have difficulty selling ours if and when we leave.

We don't really need it now, if you're interested?

Having several farmer/smallholding mates, I am 100% with Pierre here.  A good second hand ordinary tractor - they come in all shapes and sizes - is likely to be a far better bet in the long run.  The parts will be available forever and anybody will be able to fix it.  Micro tractors are all well and good but I don't reckon they're the best deal for your sort of set up and are harder to sell on.  An old tractor is like a Landrover - you will always get something for it, however old and in whatever condition.

The choice for the cash seems to be:

1. A new Chinese compact such as Foton, Mahindra

2. A used Japanese compact

3. A 'proper' older tractor eg MF 135

I would personally go for the latter although there are some good deals on new Chinese stuff.

For the OP's need I wonder if 22hp is enough. It will struggle to manage a 5ft topper or finishing mower. I'd tend to go for 40hp+

I have had a look at a few older tractors I just fancied something new any shiny ;-) and in red brmm brmm.....

Hmmm perhaps thats me reverting to the inner child lol

Have been researching the Koti a fair bit now trolling some of the tractor forums, and have been chatting with a local French friend who has a micro tractor and lots of other plant machinery.

He was worried that the Koti may be a tad on the underpowered side but given it will be mostly used for cutting grass and running the wood chopper he thinks it will be more than adequate.

That said I am keeping my options open and looking at some older "Land rover" types I love that analogy as I used to have a old Landy ;-)

Thank's for all the input.

Neighbour has one (ck22) and he says its a bit underpowered - (he used to work for a dealer too!)

I have just bought a Mitsubishi 25HP 4x4 from Halle Au Tract, and the guy could not have been more helpful and honest.

If you want more info on him, give me a PM

Cheers

Steve

its reliable enough and he uses it almost every day & has just about all the impliments possible - this weeks project was a new shredder for the backof it! "" HP isnt a lot - it will only give 18/19HP for the PTO

Steve