French Citizenship, a question (or two actually)

Cathar Tours

Based on the initial responses I have told my father not to bother and not to worry. Further developments in the last few days from the EU and EU parliament in response to comments made by Sajid Javid and May seem to indicate that getting a CDS was the right thing to do, it won't require him to take citizenship and he will be perfectly safe in the future.

I also read somewhere that there was some type of EU plan that would enable those who have residency permits, not just in France, and are retired to have the same rights as nationals and those with Blue Cards with regards to freedom of movement within the EU meaning they could move to and live in another EU country. This may well now not be the case after what Sajid Javid and May said.

.....This may well now not be the case after what Sajid Javid and May said ....

What they say is irrelevant ! There are many comments made on Brexit and what the outcome is BUT nothing has been approved yet as they keep changing their minds regularly.

"What they say is irrelevant ! "

Unfortunately I'm not sure it is. The more they go flapping their big mouths pandering to the hardline Brexiter and antagonising the EU, the more goodwill we lose and the less sympathetic the EU risks being in its own unilateral decisions on how to treat Brits in the case of no deal.

[quote user="ericd"]. ...................................It's not done until the Fat Lady Sings ..... actually someone could explain the meaning of this say to me. Thanks.[/quote]

Here you go [url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_ain%27t_over_till_the_fat_lady_sings[/url]

EuroTrash - That's how I see it having read and listened to both sides. My point being is they are talking about Brits moving to the EU being treated the same as EU citizens moving to the UK after Brexit. My understanding is that if your in either already and are officially resident then you can stay, if not you will have to go through whatever system the UK creates which is basically to treat EU citizens the same as a non EU citizen applying to live and work in the UK. It therefore follows that if you are a Brit and you already have a permanent CDS (in the case of France) then your be OK.

I am fully aware of EU statements that nothing is agreed till it's all agreed but the way things are going it looks increasingly likely that there will be no deal.

[quote user="nomoss"]
[quote user="ericd"]. ...................................It's not done until the Fat Lady Sings ..... actually someone could explain the meaning of this say to me. Thanks.[/quote]

Here you go [url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_ain%27t_over_till_the_fat_lady_sings[/url]

[/quote]

Thank you Nomoss