Hi everyone,

We have just opened our Bed and breakfast after 11 months of hard work, unfortunately due to family circumstance we have missed the season, so are desperate to get some Autumn/Winter business.

Can anyone help us as to where we should advertise for immediate response, not too expensive (the money has just about run out).

We are also planning on running residential courses on stained glass, but are at a loss as to where to put these, we are not very computer literate so please keep any replies about web advertising simple.

I hope this does not contravine any rules in the new code of conduct, we just want basic advice.

Thank you in anticipation.

Ann

Hi Ann,

Have you tried your local tourist office, as the majority of people needing accommodation would probably ask there for anywhere that has rooms available.

They should (if they have one) put you on their website and in their hebergement guide.

Also your department should have tourism based websites try a search using www.voila.fr enter your department name and you just have to spend the time trawling through them and getting your details registered.

Good luck

JP

Thank you for your help,

Brian I have just joined the Holiday Havens site, it was a doddle and that's saying something as my computer skills are as good as my brain surgery skills.

Thanks for the info, I wrote to them saying how easy I found it and that you recomended it, they were really chuffed and seem like nice people, they are also a new business so let's hope it  works out well for all of us.

Thanks JP the Tourist info office is next on the list, we visited last week but they were inundated with tourists, so we will return in September when they are quieter I think.

More replies please!!

Ann

Hi Ann,

We are in a similar position but some months behind.  Just thought I'd say 'hello' as we are quite near to you in 24240.  Had a look at the stained glass web site and I must say it looks lovely.  We are hoping to get started with our B & B  in a few months time so I will also try Holiday Havens.  Hope it works for you.

Isobel

[quote]Hi you could try www.holidayhavens.co.uk they are new and have a free trial with no commitment to be made and its all online, i had my advert with them on with images in 10 mins. ! they have cont...[/quote]

Brian,

Am I right in thinking you are possibly a bit closer to this site than a free advertiser?

I have seen you pushing this site on a French site as well as other UK based sites, which makes me think that for someone not associated with the site, you are pushing it beyond the call of duty perhaps?

Miki

Isabel

Private message in your in box.

Ann

• 4 weeks later...
It might be free - perhaps thats why the search facility is so poor,(IMHO) the titles just give the names of the houses, not where they are. (in most cases) As I don't want to trawl through ALL of them I gave up !

There might be a way I don't know of, to be more specific, but the method I used gives better results on other sites.

Sorry!

They're only free for 2 months though Brian and there aren't too many sites on the web that don't offer a trial period.  I wouldn't dream of going with one that doesn't personally.  And then £60 a year after that isn't exactly one of the cheapest around!   If I advertise free for two months now I'm unlikely to get an idea of whether they are any use or not as October/November are not exactly going to be the best months of the year to get bookings!

However, if they're still offering the trial period next Spring,  it may be worth giving them a go.

• 1 month later...

Brian,

I think you must have forgotten something - you actually set up *******.com!

The very site you are innocently plugging as a satisfied customer!

How could you forget a detail like that?

It sort of renders worthless everything you have said. Well spotted Miki.

Yours,

Jan

• 2 months later...
Try this link - it's proved very useful to us. Like you we have just set up a new business. Our website has proved a great place to generate bookings. It was done by one of the companies that is mentioned in the link.

http://brittany.angloinfo.com/forum/link.asp?topic_ID=6123

If you want anymore info please e-mail direct!

Good luck in your venture.

Harvey.