Dogs accepted??

Can someone please tell me if  an internet  site with chambres d hotes or gites which accept dogs exists?

Of course I wouldn't let my dog in the room alone !! Just to be able to go for a few days away  " en famille " ! [:D]

Most of the Ibis and Campanile chains.  When you look in their sites, you will find a special box for if you want to bring your pet/s.

We stayed at the Ibis in Abbeville recently (recommended by someone here on the forum) and there wasn't even a charge.

Coming back, we stayed in a Logis hotel in Bernay; just stumbled in through exhaustion out of the rain.  Charge was 6 euros for the night and no probs.

• 2 months later...

Yes Katie they normally do - and unfortunately that is why we can't accept them.  I've got two big dogs of my own, love dogs to pieces but don't ever want them on the beds.  And, sadly, a lot of owners let their dogs on the beds and other furniture and male dogs particularly are likely to do a little 'marking' if there have been previous canine occupants. 

I do understand why people want to take their dogs on holiday, but many people are pretty careless about property which isn't theirs (ask any B & B owner!) and the careless ones spoil it for the others.  When I started out I thought of providing a couple of kennels for visiting dogs but this idea didn't seem popular so just reverted to no dogs.  Every single owner says 'My dog won't do that' but sadly much evidence is to the contrary.

Nevertheless, hope you find a nice place with your doggie Frenchie!

Thank you for replying Cerise,  I too love dogs but have never allowed mine in the bedrooms.  What about people who suffer from allergies?  I had a cat once and even when she was out of the house my friends son would have the most awful reactions when visiting.  So much, she had to stop coming to me.

I think the large chain hotels limit the welcoming of 'crated' dogs (for what that is worth) to a small selection of rooms which is fine as long as this is made known to all guests.