Any B & B in Le Mans, Alencon area?

Looking for a suitable stopover for husband (non French speaker) just for one night after he drops me off in Caen on Saturday 26 July.  He is heading south but wants to visit the Le Mans Museum.  We cannot find a reasonably priced hotel room.  Can anyone help or recommend.

The hotels in Alençon are generally rubbish but for a one night stopover you can do worse than the Mercure.  It is close to Junction 19 of the A28 and has an excellent restaurant called the Escargot Doré next door.  The other hotels are crap and located in industrial wastelands north of Alençon.  Mercure ain't exactly the Ritz, nor in a pretty spot but come on, it's just one night.  Also near Leclerc commercial centre for petrol.

NB Escargot Doré is closed Sunday and Monday and usually takes annual hols end July - start August - give them a ring.  There's a decent Chinese on the way in to Alençon from the Mercure and dozens of good restos in the centre.

Thank you for the replies.  We have a place now booked so I wont be worried about husband sleeping in the car!  We could have taken a chance but it is a busy weekend in France and we like to know what we are doing (most of the time, anyway).  Thanks again for the help.

• 1 month later...

[quote user="cassis"]Curious to know - why (until I posted this) was the last post for this thread timed in the main menu at "29/07/2008 21:41" yet there is no corresponding post in the thread?  [8-)]
[/quote]

Probably for the reasons I described in this thread, but you were sceptical at the time[Www]

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/3/988217/ShowPost.aspx#988217

Seen it a few times recently.