Why is bed sheets out on washing line every day

Boiling a frog

I thought good waterproof mattress protectors were  pretty much de rigeur in Gites and B&B ? They are so much better these days most people would really never know.

If not perhaps the family bought their own water proof sheet with them - I have certainly done that in the past.....

[quote user="Boiling a frog"]

Heading says it all,but it is only the one set of sheets from one bed, and have been hung up every day since the guests arrived. I hope it is not what I suspect.[+o(]

Young child in the family.

[/quote]

It probably is BaF.

Mattress protectors are definitely a "must" on any bed.

[quote user="Russethouse"]

I thought good waterproof mattress protectors were  pretty much de rigeur in Gites and B&B ? They are so much better these days most people would really never know.

If not perhaps the family bought their own water proof sheet with them - I have certainly done that in the past.....

[/quote]

It is OK to share your problem RH

[quote user="Russethouse"]

[/quote]

It is OK to share your problem RH

Probably same family we had stay with us last year - Mum is highly allergic to soap powder & conditioner smells, so would wash in her own powder every day until the smell of my powder etc had passed..........takes all sorts.  Out of interest, this year in our welcome guide we have included a sheet about 'Helping to Save the Planet' to encourage our guests to recycle etc, including the statistic that an average washing machine load uses 60 litres of water.  Now into our 8th week of the season & have had very no guests do daily small washes, in fact the majority have done no washing at all......could just be luck, but food for thought....

[quote user="Pads"]Last week when I was out in france I found the nights very sweaty so put the sheets on the line to air each day. so they were fresh for the night time . maybe thats what they were doing ?[/quote]

But the mattress protectors too? There is a single sheet and mattress protector hanging out on one of my gites at the moment - I know there are young kids there so think that bed wetting is the likeliest scenario[:(] I always seem to get a few each year - fingers crossed that the new superthick waterproof protectors worked for the new mattresses. I do find it annoying - I have young kids and if there is any way I thought they were going to wet the bed I'd take some measures to protect the bed. But saying that it isn't always young kids who are the offenders.

"But the mattress protectors too? There is a single sheet and mattress protector hanging out on one of my gites at the moment - I know there are young kids there so think that bed wetting is the likeliest scenario"

Well a good wash and plenty of  fresh air will work wonders and fingers crossed that the protector does the job for which it is intended.