Rules regarding a doughboy swimming pool

Susan

[quote user="Susan"]I want to have a doughboy swimming pool and I dont know the rules regarding the safty regulations. What do I need to do so I can have a pool?[/quote]

I think that in France if you have an in ground pool you are required to have either a perimeter fence, or an alarm system. There are a couple of "pool experts" on this forum who will I'm sure come up with the proper regulations for your information.

Whilst you wait for an expert........

Is it an above ground or inground pool?

Above ground with sides higher than 1.1m you must remove the ladder and anything else that could be used to climb to gain access.

Inground:

A fence complying with NF P 90 306
A pool alarm complying withNF P 90 307
Security cover complying with
NF P 90 308
A pool enclosure (Abri type) complying withNF P 90 309

• 2 weeks later...
If it's an inground pool you simply need any one of the four to meet the legal requirement.

A home made fence of any kind will not qualify, unless it's made from components tested by the French standards institution (NF) and installed in compliance with the standards.

That will be an above ground pool then if the sides are higher than 1.1 metres not including the 250mm in the ground. If that is the case you can get away with removing the ladder when not in use providing there is nothing to climb on to aid entry into the pool within 1.1 metres of the top of the pool (from memory that bit, sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong)