Personnes Inactives....at what age?

I have been told that I will not qualify for my OAP until I am 65 despite being female, due to the last change in regulations. Would I, I wonder be able to piggy-back on my husband's E121 as he will reach 65 a good while before me? We have been married 25 years, and while I have been the one to stay at home and raise the children, I have paid enough contributions through various low-paid jobs, and the allowances for being the main carer, to qualify for a pension in my own right.

[quote user="Jo"]I have been told that I will not qualify for my OAP until I am 65 despite being female, due to the last change in regulations. Would I, I wonder be able to piggy-back on my husband's E121 as he will reach 65 a good while before me? [/quote]

YES, providee that you are a dependent

Chris wrote "It will be 'fun' returning to the CPAM and inviting them to tear up the original and replace it with the new one"

Don't laugh too soon Chris,  it is up to the CPAM whether you are accepted as a dependent, irrespective of what the E121 says in an age related piggybacking situation, read Will's posts on this subject, it is not a formality at all.

No, Ron, I'm not expecting a laugh, hence 'fun' in quotes!

I read 'Sunshine's' post elsewhere and I agree that we should blast the embassy in Paris with our concerns and specific requests for solid information on our various positions; what is the situation now,  or a date when they can give it?  What is the UK government planning to do the ensure our safety under EU directives etc? What contingency plans are in place to amend UK regulations to ensure the status quo?

'When good men do nothing .....' 

For Sarko, atacking health provision is a quick and easy tool in his immigration control tool box.  It will not end there.  What else is in the pipeline to discourage immigrants, when it is clear that non compliance with  EU directives and law is no problem?

,,,, and it's now pouring with rain!

Chris

It's raining and  so can't  get on with work outside! I've just been looking at some other EU countries' embassy sites and guess what, no mention of changing medical cover for German or Dutch citizens coming to France, as far as I can see. Are the British being singled out?

Went one step further and looked at French Consulate in London.  Below is the relevant extract:

You are planning to move before you get your state pension (eg: you are already in receipt of your private pension)

You should apply for a form E106 (medical cover for up to 2 years)

- see D.S.S. - Alternatively, a private insurance or voluntary

contributions should be considered when the E106 expires or if you have

not reached the age of state retirement (Contact your local French

social security office).

NB the sentence "..Alternatively .....voluntary contributions when 106 expires..." I guess this means those that many have been making to URSSAF for CMU. Also note no mention of Actif or Non-actif or warning that changes are afoot!

Chris

FWIW, re "ayants droit" for CMU:

Sont rattachés en même temps que l'assuré :

le

conjoint, concubin, partenaire PACS, la personne cohabitant sous le même

toit depuis au moins 1 an, s'ils ne relèvent pas d'un régime

obligatoire

http://www.adai13.asso.fr/fiches/san/san_cmu.htm

NB - no mention of sex, age or dependancy.

- adai13 is an organization set up to help the "disadvantaged"

http://www.adai13.asso.fr/ISANAV/ADAI/qui_sommes_nous.htm

so they should know the ins and outs (I couldn't find anything specific on either the CPAM/ameli or CMU sites).

"s'ils ne relèvent pas d'un régime obligatoire" does, I think, imply dependency, because if they were obliged to pay in their own right, through employment for example, they could not be classed as 'dependent'.

Though as with just about any of the directives and guidelines regarding this whole matter, there is so much scope for different opinion and no definitive statement.