The Jeremy Vine Show from Paris, on Thursday 15th November

The Jeremy Vine Show will be broadcasting live from Boulangerie Paul, Hôtel de ville, 70 rue de Rivoli on Thursday 15th November.
The assistant producer would be interested in hearing  if there are any burning local or national issues in France that you think they could cover on the15th November.
She is
Bequi Sheehan and her e-mail is [email protected]
Can anyone think of any burning issues?

Mik

Edit - Post title edited by mod - it was too long !

There is an opportunity here to publicise our case. I have made my suggestion to the Asst Producer. Bearing in mind the thread this topic is posted on,  those of you who want to influence decision making,  could have the subject aired on radio, live from France  ( for what thats worth )

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

Rue de Rivoli is a well known posh location in central Paris next to the City Hall.

Jeremy Vine is an ex-BBC news reporter who moved downmarket to take over The Jimmy Young Show.......

[/quote]

His show has a huge amount of listeners and would be a good platform for this issue.

Jeremy Vine also has a political show on Sundays on BBC 1 in the morning.

The point of my original post was to encourage people who are concerned by changes in health care.to e-mail Bequi Sheehan at [email protected] to try and publicise the problems caused.

Powerdesal, I have not been to Sharja since 1969. There was not much there then but I bet you have internet connections now. You can listen in, should you wish to, at bbc.co.uk. Personally I think life is too short for that but a lot of influential people do listen to the program.

Thanks R/H, let's hope everybody will do the same.

We have also now got the Evening Standard on their case.  The couple concerned is visiting the hospital today so I can't get a quote from them.  However, they'd like some human interest so want to talk to anybody in a similar situation.  This is the break we've really needed so please help if you can:

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1078532/ShowPost.aspx

My response :

It's a real pity that you chose to get somebody so ill informed to report on the health issue here.  The ruling is being applied only to NON FRENCH EUROPEANS - Neither the French nor non Europeans are being subjected to this iniquitous change in immigration policy. Jim Murphy knows this - in fact he's speaking to the French authorities today. Why didn't you ask somebody in the know instead of this person?  Poor research like this does the BBC's credibility no good at all - and it doesn't help the people who might well die when their healthcare is withdrawn

[quote user="makfai"]

[quote user="cooperlola"]Applies to the French as well my backside.  Grrr.....[:@][/quote]

If this is not changed a formal complaint should be made to the BBC

[/quote]

Just made the following formal complaint to the BBC

The doctor on the Vine show has just told all listeners that changes in French Healthcare for (Non-French) EU nationals living in France also apply to French nationals. This is inaccurate. The Vine Show staff should know this as they have received a brief from me (acknowledged by them) and others (e.g Deborah Dudley of www.frenchhealthissues.eu). Jim Murphy (Minister for Europe) who was interviewed could have clarified this. He is aware of the true state of affairs, as are the EU authorities AND THE FRENCH AUTHORITIES. The new rule only applies to Non-French EU Citizens living in France. It does NOT apply to French nationals in France and it DOES NOT EVEN APPLY to NON-EU Citizens (such as from the USA) who have obtained a Carte de Sejour.!!! This information is in the public domain. Your programme has published incorrect information and basically undermined the cause of people who are fighting for continuing healthcare and residence in France. This is irresponsible and unforgiveable