CHANGES TO HEALTHCARE ENTIRLEMENT

The front page headline states categorically that 'healthcare ban will NOT be retrospective'  'u-turn follows talks with British Embassy'.  It goes on to say we will all get our cover back but those whose E106 are about to run out will not get entry in to the French system and will need private insurance as will new arrivals. 

Can we now breath again or not.  I await my CPAM letter with my new attestation before I believe it.  Lets hope.

I suspect that the announcement will probably be made by the French government w/c 26/11/07.  I urge people to wait for that but it appears that The Connexion have a "source" and are making best use of their knowledge for the benefit of their paper. I wouln't blame them for that.

Clair      Many pages are devoted to it and my understanding (the whole statement is very clear) is that IF you are in the system as at end of November  07 then you remain in the system.  If not then you're unlucky.  

My interest is mainly as an    "inactif   retired"  below age qualification for the E121 with illnesses to both  my wife and I (diagnosed after arrival in France) that are uninsurable.

There is also an interesting article on "Dependencies" when one family member reaches E121 qualification.

[quote user="jalan"]Clair      Many pages are devoted to it and my understanding (the whole statement is very clear) is that IF you are in the system as at end of November  07 then you remain in the system.  If not then you're unlucky. [...] [/quote]

Jalan,

Your post simply says "read the December issue of Connexion". t would have been simpler if you had given a reason for it.

As things stands, until the Sécurité Sociale department make an official announcement, nothing has changed.

Claire

It may have been simpler if I had said nothing at all.   I didn't want to interpret the article as I've seen enough of that on various websites and I have urged people to wait for officialdom.  I only decided to answer you because of another explanatory Email. and of course because you asked the question.

I hope the article proves to be true and that those people in need of serious medical attention can continue to benefit from a truly wondzrful heath service.

I think the Connexion article is just a rehash of the rumours that were hinted at about 2 weeks ago and which they have decided to print as fact.

As Claire said, I think I would wait until there is some official statement before opening the champagne! And even then I am not sure I would believe them[;-)]

My BH ( Better Half ) went to her French Lessons today and

lots of people including the Sceptics and Ostriches in the class had all

received their official notification that their CV’s were being withdrawn on

the 5th January 2008.

For those without the Internet this was the first time they

had something in writing to confirm the worse. ( Six weeks to go )

We also received our letter this morning, all the letters

must have been sent out late last week to arrive Saturday and Monday Post.

The questionnaire enclosed with the letter asked the following,

All the questions were also written in English.

Are you in a salaried employment in a EU Country?

Are you in a salaried employment in France?

For example: translation, Press article, Tele-working…………

Are you a non-salaried worker?

(Self catering, bed and breakfast)

Are you employed by a foreign employer and on a temporary

assignment in France?

Do you get an allowance from the ASSEDIC?

Do you get Family Allowance, RMI (Minimum Wage Income), Handicapped Adult

Allowance, Isolated Parent Allowance

A simple Oui or Non was required

Does anything in the above questionnaire help

Joshua[:D]

[quote user="tigerfeet"]

I would say you can not believe everything in connexion , in the November issue page 39 they stated "November 15 deadline for taxe d`habitation" , but I have mine in front of me and the deadline is 17 th December.

Small detail I know, but it proves a point.

[/quote]

a lot of people wrote to connexion to point out they got it wrong , in the december issue they now admit some parts of france have untill december.

Nothing received here yet. Mind you, I have never had a CV, so I still have to pay upfront for my regular medication and claim it back.

BTW, does anyone know what constitutes a pre-existent condition? I don't have anything I would consider immediately serious, but do have regular medication for hypertension, cholesterol and enlarged prostate.

[quote user="Keith CHANNING"]BTW, does anyone know what constitutes a pre-existent condition? I don't have anything I would consider immediately serious, but do have regular medication for hypertension, cholesterol and enlarged prostate.[/quote]

As I understand it Keith....ALL of these conditions would be classified as 'pre-existing', and would therefore in all likelihood be EXCLUDED from any PHI you might be able to get.

Also any subsequent conditions you might get as a result of having these conditions, i.e heart attack/stroke etc (if the doctors, or your PHI provider, believe that your current conditions have lead/contributed to you developing the new conditions) the list goes on.........sorry, not what you wanted to hear I know![:(]

However, there are unsubstantiated murmerings that there 'may be some concessions' for people with pre-exisitings.............we wait, and wait, and wait.............[:@]