where are all the E106 people ?

tigerfeet

Perhaps the reason it appears so many E106 holders are not concerned with the changes is that they are not aware of them.

With only a few weeks to go until the expiry of their E106's many have still not been informed by either the UK authorities or French authorities, and with headlines in  Connexion stating 'Healthcare ban will not be retrospective' who can blame them.

[quote user="Minnie"]Can anyone please let me have a view as to whether my husband & I should be allowed to join CMU.  I know there have been many messages on this topic but our particular circumstances are:  We became residents in France in October 2006.  I'm 57 and have an E106 whih expires in January 2008.  My husband is 61 and a dependent on my E106.  We submitted our first income tax return for the period October - December 2006.  The reason why I think we should be able to join is that our residency was effective before November 2007.

I'd welcome views on this please.  Minnie[/quote]

QED[Www]

I really feel that Connexion were totally irresponsible in publishing their headline last month before any official statement had been published. They obviously did so to try and gain an advantage over other competing publications and gave the impression that all existing residents in France would be OK. Both those already in the CMU and those on E106's.

I have spoken to may people who have read the headlines and said 'everything is going to be alright now' and I think that is why things have gone quiet.

To be fair to The Connexion, they published the information according to the briefing supplied to them by the head of communications of the DSS.  Accordingly, that briefing was an official statement and as a newspaper, that's what they are supposed to do.

The article stated that the concession referred to those already affliated to CMU and went on to state "The Connexion is not, at this stage, aware of any concessions for those with E106 forms but we are still waiting to see the full contents of the circular."

[quote user="Minnie"]Can anyone please let me have a view as to whether my husband & I should be allowed to join CMU.  I know there have been many messages on this topic but our particular circumstances are:  We became residents in France in October 2006.  I'm 57 and have an E106 whih expires in January 2008.  My husband is 61 and a dependent on my E106.  We submitted our first income tax return for the period October - December 2006.  The reason why I think we should be able to join is that our residency was effective before November 2007.

I'd welcome views on this please.  Minnie[/quote]

Up to 1 Ocober 2007, you would have been able to join the CMU on the expiry of your E 106 and a letter from the UK DWP staing that you no longer have healthcare cover under an E 106, but. as it stands at the moment, you will not be allowed to join the CMU Base and must find private health insurance (PHI).

The concession that might be made but nothing is certain, is that people already in the CMU Base from a date of either 30/9/ 2007 or a later date in November, who are paying for their healthcare will be allowed to stay in it.   This situation means that people who came to France at the same time as you without an E 106 and joined the CMU Base will be allowed to stay in it and those like yourself with E 106s excluded from joining it.

The lack of information can only be blamed on the fact that nothing has yet been agreed and the UK DWP can only send out the letters to E 106 holders telling them, and the French CPAM, that they no longer have healthcare cover, nothing more.  These letters have not been routinely sent before the date of expiry and have often had to be demanded from the DWP.

As first step you must obtain that letter.  When you have it you should apply to join the CMU Base. If you are excluded from doing so, at least your demand is on record.

It is hoped that all holders of E 106s who are covered by the French healthcare system (but not in the CMU) will be allowed to join the CMU, because of the retrospective enactment of the legislation that prevents then joining the CMU and some people have conditions that would exclude them from obtaining a PHI.

Hi

Some time ago I sent am email to (now herein lies the slight problem!) either the Commission or the European Parliament, querying the legality of introducing these changes without adequate prior notification.    I believe the initial impetus came from Makfai.   I have recently had a problem with my emails and have deleted the official response I received.

For my own personal satisfaction I would like to follow up the issue that I received a notification of receipt but nothing since, by checking what the due process is for responding to such queries.    

Can anyone recall the particular letter, as I can't find it on the French Health Issues website?

Sorry to be so vague .....

copperlola and Ron Avery, sorry if I slightly confused you but, Minnie asked that question in the sub forum, and I was using it as an example of people on an E106 not understanding the situation they are in.  I hope that Minnie is following this thread as well.  SD has responded to Minnie's query.

Just received avis d'imposition Contributios Sociales revenus de 2006. "Amused" to read that 8.2 % is for CSG including assurance maladie.Admitedly for a small amount, but assume I will again be paying in 2007, for a system I will not be allowed to join!