Contraceptive Implant

mogs

Does anyone know if this is available in France?

If so does one go to see a gynaecologist or medecin traitant?

Is it covered under the carte vitale system?

Is there any information about it here in France, I can only find English websites.

Many t hanks

A friend used to have this done when she lived in France.  Had done it for a while in UK and it suited her so wanted to continue.  GP apparently was a bit surprised as such methods are quote 'for those who are weak in the head'.  After assuring the doc that she was no such thing  she got the shot with no problem.  IIRC it was a three month shot but I'm not certain.

[quote user="Dog"]... how was the jaffa test - did you come out smelling of roses?[/quote]

That was me who had the jaffa test. Well, will have it.

Got the referral from the gp to the clinic where I thought I would have to take it last Thursday.

All psyched up etc, got there and all the dr did was take €64 off me and give me a script to take to a lab to do the test there.

They told me I could just turn up to it anytime and do the deed, so i went there and again psyched myself up again and was told I needed a rendez vous!

So the test is tomorrow morning and then I'll have to have another test a week later too.

Jeez, all this for love....

Well ... enjoy! Suppose you will be rushing back to New Joysey to try...

Read an article about Jeanne Cordelier, a French author - who has written about her years as a prostitute. The article was really interesting, but what shocked me was that she mentions she has had 11 abortions. I am NOT anti abortion and do feel it is the woman's right to choose. BUT personally I took responsibility for contraception as soon as I became sexually active - for me the two had to go together. I know many friends who have had abortions, and I supported them all the way. But surely, any intelligent woman, and Jeanne Cordelier seems extremely intelligent, should realise after 1 or 2, even 3 - that something has to be done to stop it happening again. It seems she, and some (hopefully very few) women, use abortion as a form of contraception. And for me that is totally unacceptable and abhorrent.

[quote user="mogs"]Does anyone know if this is available in France? If so does one go to see a gynaecologist or medecin traitant? Is it covered under the carte vitale system? Is there any information about it here in France, I can only find English websites. Many t hanks[/quote]

Yes it is available in France. You will probably need to ask your GP to give you an ordonnance for a blood test in advance of the implant. Then just make an appointment with a Gynae and take your blood test results - no need for a referral.  Implanon is certainly available and covered by carte vitale (& top-up) as far as I can recall.