Renewing CEAM -carte européenne d'assurance maladie.

Quillan

My wife's one has just run out and she wants to visit Spain so I need to renew it. I understand you can do this on-line but I can't remember nor find all the login details and as I am going shopping a few metres away from the local office I thought I would just pop in. So my question is, can I take just the card as it seems to hold all the relevant information (I thought I would take my tax bill for POA just in case) or do I have to take a shed load of other stuff?

[quote user="Iceni"]

Our local CPAM office has a CEAM card issuing machine (it may do other things as well, of course) - ok, it first issues a paper attestaion but the card follows in not very long. Perhps your office has one as well.

HTH

John

[/quote]Yes John, I seemed to remember that the same machine you update your cards in issues both CEAMs and Attestations, just needed somebody else to confirm it![:)]

[quote user="AnOther"]Since May 1st though your EHIC will be issued by UK not CPAM will it not ?.

[/quote]Mine won't.  If John and Di work here (which I believe they do), or are early retirees who pay into CMU de base, then theirs come from France also.  Mr and Mrs Quillan likewise.

Could be wrong but I didn't think John and Di did work here and to my certain knowledge were here well before Nov 2007. Whether initially on an E106 or not I don't know.

I don't know if they pay into CMU or not either but even if they do does that alter UK being their competent state ?

Have I missed something ?

Being comfortably cosseted by my ongoing workers E106, and with a residual 2-2.5 years of normal E106 to follow neatly leading into OH's state retirement and consequential E121, I haven't felt it necessary to delve too deeply into that side of things [:D]

[quote user="AnOther"]

I don't know if they pay into CMU or not either but even if they do does that alter UK being their competent state ?

[/quote]Yes it does.  I pay into the French system, thus it is responsible for my healthcare and thus it continues to supply my CEAM (I got one last month.)  I just assume that it is the same for Quillan (who asked the question.)

Follow Iceni's sign off  and you will see that Di at least seems to have a business  here.[:)]

[quote user="cooperlola"] I pay into the French system, thus it is responsible for my healthcare and thus it continues to supply my CEAM ... [/quote]

Exactly the same for OH and me.

[quote user="AnOther"]Since May 1st though your EHIC will be issued by UK not CPAM will it not ?. [/quote]

If you receive a UK state retirement pension then yes. But not for us, as we are early retired and classed as 'inactive' until we receive our Old Age Pension.

Sue

[quote user="AnOther"]Since May 1st though your EHIC will be issued by UK not CPAM will it not ?.

[/quote]

WHAT!

How comes, I mean I pay my tax etc here in France and as far as the UK are concerned am tax resident here and have been for nearly 10 years so why would they issue our cards now?

[quote user="Quillan"]

[/quote]

WHAT!

How comes, I mean I pay my tax etc here in France and as far as the UK are concerned am tax resident here and have been for nearly 10 years so why would they issue our cards now?

[/quote]It  doesn't happen a lot, but in this case I am sure that Mr Other is wrong.[:)]

If you work in France, just call the people who deal with your health care and ask them.

We are UK residents, french income, CEAM now from France, inconvenient as it only lasts a year.

What did we all do pre computers eh?

Boring life history coming up.

We arrived (permanently) in Oct 2003 and both joined the French system on E106s. Di then opened her business in France and I became her parasitic other half. Di reached retirement age in Jan 2007 and retired on an E121. I took over her biz so I entered the French system in my own right. At this point we both had CEAMs issued in France. Last year when the rules changed Di had her 5 year EHIC issued by UK. Mine is still annual from France, ordered online from RAM. When I retire next year I will get a UK EHIC.

You can wake up now, I have finished.

John