How long did your registration process with CPAM take?

woolybanana

I gave them my documentation about three months ago, including the S1 for over 65s (grrrrrrr) they then sent it all back some ten days later with another form which had to be filled in, and I returned the whole lot. Since then, not a word.

Is this par for the course or do I have to start shaking the tree at CPAM?

Three months seems a bit slow to me......

When Mrs Sunday received her S1s (for her and me), I just dropped them into our CPAM (Niort) whilst we were there on a shopping trip.  The counter girl had no idea what the forms were and said we'd have speak with Madame Whatshername upstairs on the second floor.

We trekked upstairs and eventually found a grumpy looking Madame Whatshername who sat us down, took the forms and tapped the details into the computer.  "All done," she declared with a smile.  "You'll receive your new attestation and a form for your new photo carte vital in the post within the next week or so."  They arrived a couple of days later.

As we were no longer covered under CMU, I gave it another week then rang URSSAF to see about getting a refund of our unused contributions.  The girl confirmed she'd received the CPAM cancellation instruction and was actually in the middle of processing the refund when I phoned.

Slick burocracy is alive and well in Sundayland.........[8-|]

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]Three months seems a bit slow to me......Slick burocracy is alive and well in Sundayland.........[8-|] [/quote]

Methinks there might well be a fair few UK emigrants in Sundayland; there are parts of France, perhaps, which don't see so many !

Sue [Www]

Wooly - you have to agitate.  They take ages.  My application took nearly six months but there were six in our family. The only way that I got it moving was to call at their offices on a regular basis and be hyper-friendly. I found that going first thing (my office opened at 08h30) was best before they had a long queue. Doff your cap.  "Desole de vous deranger". Grit your teeth. Leave the screaming for when you get into your car afterwards.

Then when I started work, I had to go through the process again with RSI/RAM and that took ten months...

As for the number of pieces of paper that I had to produce - that's another story.

Courage.

And we are still waiting for the S1 from the french. It is December and it is now nearly a year.

After my last tirade they sent an 'are you alive' attestation to get filled in. Goodness, they had to check, as if we'd croaked they wouldn't have had to do their jobs.

AND ofcourse, we have no CEAM's now either, so cannot travel, wonderful innit.

Wooly, your three months is but a moment in time compared to my wait.

[quote user="woolybanana"]Are these standard size ID fotos? I'll get one and take it in tomorrow together with a pantechnican of any papers I can think of, plus free willy warmers and ladies warming things![/quote]

Wools, you need TWO photos.

Yes, ID type so not the one of you posing on the beach, flexing your muscles and pretending to be a lifeguard, under a banana tree.

[quote user="woolybanana"]

I gave them my documentation about three months ago, including the S1 for over 65s (grrrrrrr) they then sent it all back some ten days later with another form which had to be filled in, and I returned the whole lot. Since then, not a word.

Is this par for the course or do I have to start shaking the tree at CPAM?

[/quote]

[quote user="idun"]And we are still waiting for the S1 from the french. It is December and it is now nearly a year.[/quote]If I'm not mistaken you are now living in UK and if so what need have you of a French S1 ?

Similarly if you are UK resident and have a National Insurance number UK will be your EHIC provider.

If this is indeed a first registration (I wonder why [6]) I can tell you that mine took 3 years..

I had to have a Carte de Séjour (which I couldn't have without a Sécu Number) so I had to invent a Sécu number based on my sex, date of birth,  place of birth,  and randomly generated code, give them that, get my Carte de Séjour, then take that to the CPAM and say 'I think there is some error in this Sécu number.

I then had to go back 11 times before I found someone who knew the regulation that there are coefficients for the number of hours worked in certain professions. I kept being refused because they had not taken this into account and thought   I had not done enough hours...

So a few months is baby talk [:P]

[quote user="AnOther"]

[quote user="idun"]And we are still waiting for the S1 from the french. It is December and it is now nearly a year.[/quote]If I'm not mistaken you are now living in UK and if so what need have you of a French S1 ?

Similarly if you are UK resident and have a National Insurance number UK will be your EHIC provider.

[/quote]

Because we do. We have to pay the french to get a french S1 to hand in to Newcastle and the CEAM's (EHICs) come from France too.

So at the end of the day, we pay peter to pay paul and that means we are paying for health in the UK.

If people can be the exception, then we always are, and that doesn't mean lucky, if others pay not, we do!

I have a letter from the Dept of Health saying that people do not pay in the UK, other than NI contributions when working. And I have a letter from Newcastle saying that they must have an S1 and an S1 we must have. And the french, well they took months to pay the pension and it was only with threats that they did........ and they had the cheek to say I was queue jumping, as others had been and were waiting even longer. And so we await an S1 and CEAMs...... good job I didn't hold my breath!