CPAM want my pension details

stan

I have a carte vitale due to having form E121 (entitlement to UK Incapacity benefit, but receive nothing due to having ill health pension).

T oday I received a letter from CPAM wanting evidence of my pension. They say they need this every year.

Why is this?

Thats the strange thing though isn`t it? I dont receive anything from IB and that has no bearing on my pension.

Then again trying to even ask for, or obtaining a translated confirmation of entitlement from IB would be would be imaginably impossible...

I think this is very odd - AnO may well be right and this is normal for an IB S1 but it makes no sense.  The mere fact you have a valid S1 means that the UK pays for your healthcare so why on earth should the French end need details of any income or proof of anything, unless for some reason the payments have been stopped?

I'd be inclined to speak to the UK end (DWP) and explain that you've been asked for this.  Maybe they can provide a document in French for you, or a duplicate S1 or avadavit of some sort.  Worth a go.  What do other people in your position do?  There must be some other IB S-ers about? 

Like AnO I thought that the benefit itself was the criterion for this, not a pension, so maybe they need income details because they expect you to start paying?  I think there may be a bit of the jigsaw missing here.

Neither my husband nor I  receive IB, just plain old State Old Age  Pensions and every year for about 4 or 5 years we have received the same letters from CPAM asking that we sign to confirm that we receive  pensions that are not from France and to support this with a copy of bank statement or similar showing  receipt of the payment.

The first time  it happened I rang to query it and was told that it was just a routine confirmation that we were still here, still in receipt of a UK State pension and therefore entitled to Carte Vitale etc.

I don't really have a problem with this, especially as for even longer the people who handle the payment of my husband's private company pension have been requesting the same sort of ' hey prove to us that you're still there' confirmation.

It seems a fairly harmless bit of modern day admin .....

Oh the french have a multi lingual proof of life form. To be taken to an offical office, Mairie, or Job Centre plus in the UK. Take along a passport and they fill it in and stamp it.

Never wanted proof of payments etc, just being alive suffices.

Sorry, cannot get the "quote " button to work..all I get is gobbledegook.....

A bit wrong AnOther, my position is that I receive an ill health pension which negates any IB payment, but I still retain an "underlying entitlement" to IB.

Therefore, as being entitled to IB (although not actually receiving anything), I qualified for an E121 for myself and my wife.

quote from user cooperlola...If it's just proof of life then I'm sure they don't need a translation do they?  Have they actually asked for this in French, Stan?  I have to provide loads of stuff every year for my CMU-B and the English versions are always fine.  I'm sure your bank statement would do them.

Yes cooperlola, it was asked for in French....it says

"Perecevez - vous une pension versee par un état membre de la CEE autre que la France?, si OUI, joindre le récépissé, talon de mandat ou relevé bancaire correspondent au dernier arréage versé"

I will just send them a page of my bank statement although I hope they accept a printed off version as I only have online banking.

[quote user="stan"]quote from user cooperlola...If it's just proof of life then I'm sure they don't need a translation do they?  Have they actually asked for this in French, Stan?  I have to provide loads of stuff every year for my CMU-B and the English versions are always fine.  I'm sure your bank statement would do them. Yes cooperlola, it was asked for in French....it says "Perecevez - vous une pension versee par un état membre de la CEE autre que la France?, si OUI, joindre le récépissé, talon de mandat ou relevé bancaire correspondent au dernier arréage versé" I will just send them a page of my bank statement although I hope they accept a printed off version as I only have online banking.[/quote]I can't see where that says it should be in French though.  However, you might belt and brace the thing by trying Idun's proof of life form and putting that in too.[:)]

[quote user="stan"].......it says "Perecevez - vous une pension versee par un état membre de la CEE autre que la France?, si OUI, joindre le récépissé, talon de mandat ou relevé bancaire correspondent au dernier arréage versé" I will just send them a page of my bank statement although I hope they accept a printed off version as I only have online banking.[/quote]

This is exactly what we get each year  and I just photo copy the relevant page from our bank statement and highlight the pension credit entry.

Being hyper-touchy about it the first time I did blank out all the other entries on the page, thinking that what I spent wherever was entirely my business but quite frankly since then I just can't be blowed to do that and just send of the photocopy with the signed form.

Mrs Sunday just receives an annual letter from our CPAM headed 'Relations internationales - Attestation sur l'honneur du versement d'une pension' asking her to certify that she receives a pension from another EU state and that she does not receive a French pension,  She just ticks the appropriate boxes, signs the letter and sends it back.

No request for details of amounts or anything - she must have an honest face......[;-)]

The letter contains a reference to article 24 du reglement 883/04 (Special provisions relating to various categories of benefits) which concerns pensioners from another EU member state who do not have a French pension giving them entitlement to benefits in kind in France, but who obtain the right to those benefits provided they were entitled to them in the member state which pays their pension and that the other member state covers the costs of the benefit - in this case, assurance maladie via the form S1/E121 arrangement.

http://www.cleiss.fr/docs/textes/883-04/t3-1.html