Mutuelle Recommendations?

Daft Doctor

Hi, after 5 years of paying huge sums for a 'bells and whistles' mutuelle, we have decided to change from 1st January. Having performed the necessary formalities to quit our current provider, we are in the market for a lower cost, better value policy.

We are after fairly minimal cover (probably 100% TC for everything including dental and optical), but also want a company who are efficient, process all repayments automatically and offer tiers payant for just about everything. There is no need for anyone to be speaking to us in English or any English documentation, something which in my experience simply adds a fair chunk to any premiums.

If anyone has any recommendations based on their own experiences, I'd be very grateful. I have for instance been looking at MMA as their policies seem very reasonable, but I have no idea how good they are as a company. Thanks in advance.

I am very happy with Swiss Life which is far from the cheapest but which have always been excellent at paying upfront when I have had to go into Hospital (unlike my previous

company where I had to pay in advance, and then claim back then wait a considerable time to be reimbursed)

These sorts of details are very important when you are feeling worried and ill.

They are part of a network called carte blanche

Which seems to have a good reputation and is recognised all over;  down here at any rate.

http://www.swisslife.fr/Carte-Blanche-un-atout-maitre-pour-optimiser-vos-depenses-de-sante

I show my Sofica's attestation if using a hospital, and they pay the portion of the charges covered by them directly to the hospital. I do not see the amount until I get it from CPAM, and later, from their own statements, although I usually check that the charges will be within  the limits of my mutuelle.

Where I make the co-payment myself, usually only to my médecin traitant, the refund is usually in my bank account within 2 days, often before my payment by cheque or by card is charged to the account.

I second that BinB. We've been with MMA for around 6 years moving from CA/Pacifica. I don't know if they are the cheapest we pay around 1600 per year for the two of us (both over 60) but costs were substantially less than Pacifica. I've had two serious operations and everything was covered including a private ward which I didn't ask for and my all meals for 10 days. The first op would have cost in excess of 10K the second I don't know as it's not shown up on Amelie perhaps because it was an emergency but all the medicines/tests etc are shown and were covered. I certainly cant fault them. Mrs KG