Satelite picture keeps freezing

We have just installed sky. It is a new toy to us so are in the learning stage. Can Mrs O anyone shed any light as to why the system tends to `freeze` where we can`t change channel or switch off , having to switch off at the electric wall socket. Mrs o

I also occasionally suffer this problem and the cure is to turn off the mains for a few seconds. I understand that this is a digibox problem but as your system is new, I would contact the supplier of your digibox as it will be under guarantee. At the same time they will be able to check your whole installation to see if there is another fault causing your box to freeze.

Baz

At a guess either :

Dish alignement not quite right and signal quality sometimes slips below threshold. Check signal strength and more importantly signal quality with on screen display (from memory option 4 then option 6 from the Services menu)

If the problem only occurs during rainstorms / thunder then you are loosing the signal because of this.

Possibly if digibox has been out of use for some time then it may need to update its software. Leaving the box on for sometime should cure this. I cannot rember the buttons you hold down to force a software down load but will look itup unless somebody posts the advice

Possibly if digibox has been out of use for some time then it may need to update its software. Leaving the box on for sometime should cure this. I cannot rember the buttons you hold down to force a software down load but will look itup unless somebody posts the advice........

it`s the back-up button on the box itself not the remote, switch off at wall socket or unplug hold button in and plug in keep button pressed in untill a warning screen appears on tv...................

If you are in the habit of fiddling with the remote (I have been known to) and you press the, I think its the TV button, you can prevent the remote from then doing its normal job.  Just  press SKY at the top and normal service is resumed.  Otherwise its as others have said and unplug the main socket for a few minutes.

Weedon