scanner lightbulb?

the light on my scanner has gone and I can not see how or where you replace it....or do you have to buy another machine? Like the printer that broke and every one said it was not worth repairing but better to replace

any advice greatly appreciated as I HATE COMPUTERS AND ALL THIS TECHNO STUFF

It depends on what the scanner is and how much a replacement would cost. I once replaced a scanner light - it was a standard striplight (as under kitchen units) and cost a couple of quid. Whether or not that is still the case I wouldn't know, but if you still have the original spec sheet (or can access it on the manufacturer's website) to find out, it may be financially worth it.

I agree with Dick

I've just found an Epson Perfection 3170 Flatbed Scanner for £135 on the web - the site then says you can spares on their authorised spares partner's website. However, thats for Epson printers - no spares for the scanner

surprise,surprise about tiny...I even have to cover up their logo as I can not stand the thought of them...bought computer about 4 years ago just before coming to France cost £1600...within days problems.... their after sales service cost me about £1.00 per minute and as I am a complete luddite about such things their calls would only last 15 minutes then they would cut you off! first thing happened actual computer caught fire and destroyed 'motor board' or something that sounds similar, whole system had to be replaced...than printer (which cost over £150) packed up and i only use it for the odd leaflet...and as I say scanner has not worked for over a year?

all in all CRAP!  so i am very very happy to hear about their demise!