Help with printer/scanner

Hello

I have a Samsung printer/scanner and I want to use it with my XP machine.  I plugged it in and followed the info, its loaded the data and I'm able to use it as a printer.  I have had the printer for a few years and never used the scanning function on my old pc.  Now when I need the scanner I can't seem to find how to work it.  It doesn't help that I can't find the disc supplied with it.

I have tried to look through the Samsung website and have sent them an email.

Can anybody help?  The software, I think is called Smart thru.

Many thanks

Dotty

I don't know if this will help.  I have a Canon combined machine.  On my Control Panel, they show up seperately.  Try going into your control panel - click on printers and other hardware, then on Scanners and Cameras.  Is it there?  If it is, you should be able to control it from there.

What's the model name/number of your printer/scanner?  In what country did you buy it?  Did you check on the Samsung website to see if they have a downloadable manual for that model?

Alternatively, did you go to Start/All Programs and look for the printer/scanner and see if you have already have the manual installed?

Cooperlola

I have done what you suggested and it isn't shown separately.

Tenniswatch

Its a samsung scx4100 I bought it in the UK.  There is a downloadable manual, but it doesn't say anything about the software.  I have checked my pc but it doesn't seem to have downloaded the software for the scanner.

Many thanks

Maybe you need to install the scanner driver onto your PC from the installation CD. 

But you can also download the drivers from the Samsung Site here:

Download drivers

By the way, the page may take a long time to load because of the length of the URL. 

The scan driver is the second one on the list.

Great minds ... my link's a lot neater, though, Coops!

And Coops was the one complaining about her screen not fitting everything in ... [Www]