Wet Sky remote controller help please.

This evening the OH had an accident with the sky remote controller in that she accidentally spilt plain water over it.  She wiped it off and left it on the table.  I then unknowingly tried to use it and found several buttons did not work.  Then suddenly the batteries died.  New batteries put in but even more buttons did not work and replacement batteries died.  The OH then owned up so more replacement batteries put in, as controller says to replace batteries within ten minutes, and controller put in front of fire to dry out.

Question is should I try to open up the controller to dry it out, and if so how do I do that - it is a standard sky controller, or should I just leave it in front of the fire and hope?

If it does not work tomorrow, how can it be replaced?

Many thanks in anticipation.

David

Very many thanks BB.  Will do, but if we need a new universal remote I may have to come back to you for guidance in programming it.

Can I put you up for a record in providing a very helpful reply in TWO minutes.  Great.

Thanks,

David

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

[quote user="Dick Smith"]. If you want/need I can get you one and post it.
[/quote]

Can you send me a copy of Take a Break and a giant Toblerone please I spilled plain vodka all over all over mine this evening[:)]

[/quote]

And could you get me a copy of this months SuperBike.............[:)]

[quote user="Bugbear"][quote user="TWINKLE"]

[/quote]

Can you send me a copy of Take a Break and a giant Toblerone please I spilled plain vodka all over all over mine this evening[:)]

[/quote]

And could you get me a copy of this months SuperBike.............[:)]

[/quote]

If you want - is that the one with the big girl in danger of getting pneumonia on the cover?

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The giant Toblerone is off the ferry duty-free - what is Take a Break? A sort of Kit Kat?