Accessing email from UK

I'm with wanadoo, very happy with service etc etc.

I need to go back to UK and will be there for two weeks plus and in that time need access to my emails because of the business.

I'm seriously non-techy so does anybody have any idea which password I would need to enter from another computer when I log on to the wanadoo web site to view my emails - is it the one from the original paperwork or the password from the download of the software?  And can I change the passowrd to something that I can remember rather than a string of wholly forgettable letters and numbers?

Hello

Should be the one on the paperwork under:

Pour utiliser votre messagerie

Votre identifiant de messagerie (login name):

Votre mot de passe de messagerie (password)

So you should go to orange.fr on any pc, click on messagerie and it will ask you to login.

If you don;t feel confident why not try a dry run and go to a friends pc and try to look at your email whilst you're still here, if they use wanadoo/orange too you should click on autre utiliser, to login as another user.

Panda

[quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]

I'm with wanadoo, very happy with service etc etc.

I need to go back to UK and will be there for two weeks plus and in that time need access to my emails because of the business.

I'm seriously non-techy so does anybody have any idea which password I would need to enter from another computer when I log on to the wanadoo web site to view my emails - is it the one from the original paperwork or the password from the download of the software?  And can I change the passowrd to something that I can remember rather than a string of wholly forgettable letters and numbers?

[/quote]

I'm not exactly sure what passwords you're talking about.  When we signed up with Wanadoo/Orange, I received 2 user names/passwords: one set for connecting the computer to the internet and one set for accessing the Wanadoo/Orange email (whether through their website or through Outlook Express).

If that's what you mean, you use the set for your Messagerie to access your email via the website.  If you go to your Espace Client and go to your User Account, you should be able to change your password.

If your wanadoo is the same as our Orange, which I think it is, you should have two passwords. One for connecting, the other for your 'messagerie' - the latter is what you need.

You can change this password via the 'espace client' and 'mon compte utilisateur' pages on the Orange/Wanadoo web site.

It is not difficult to set up Outlook or Outlook Express so that you can look at your messages in Britain, but you need the POP3 and SMTP server names for your account as well as the user name and password. It will probably be much easier to do as you suggest and look at your messages via the wanadoo/orange web site. 'Espace client' again, then click on the 'messagerie' tab.

Edit - reply above posted while I was writing the reply.

[quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]

Ummmmmmm, have options on that, I will be taking the old steam laptop with me tho

And thanks for all the suggestions folks.

[/quote]

I only asked because, if you've been accessing your email on the laptop through Outlook or Outlook Express, you should be able to continue doing so in the UK without having to change any email settings.

Otherwise, you'll need to go to the website.

No. you need to access the internet from a friends computer or  internet café, etc. then go to the Orange.fr website and choose email "Messagerie", enter your username and password, you will then be able download your emails.

If you are taking your laptop with you and want to use your Outlook program, you will have to arrange a connection to the internet via a UK provider - any one will do. The wanadoo France dial-up will not work in Britain. Then you should be able to download your Orange e-mails. It's what I do, but I have permanent phone connections in both countries so it is simple.

I think you wil be best off accessing the web mail via another computer or an internet café etc.

[quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]Does that mean it will still dial up the same number or whatever it needs to do - I have an external modem if that makes any difference?[/quote]

I didn't mean to mislead you, Tony.  As the others have mentioned, you will have to have a UK internet connection (through a friend, business connection, cybercafe or your own, if you still have a house there).  Once you make the connection, you should be able to access your email as usual. 

Depending on your situation, it may be easier to use someone else's computer (and connection) and go to the Orange website to check your Messagerie.

• 3 weeks later...
In addition to outlook I now use google mail which enables you to set up to receive emails from other accounts than the google one and then leave the emails on the server so they can be downloaded to outlook etc. when you use it. That way it is really easy to accesse mails from any computer by logging in to google, replies and forwarding are possible - overall a great service.