Orange Facture

We changed our telephone to services via the internet. As a france telecom customer we went with Orange. We were told the monthly bill would be €33, instead it is €57.

Looking at the facture we are being charged for a line rental of €18.69 and another line rental of €21.19 for the same month. In addition we are also being charged €5 for an anti virus firewall, not requested and €2 for something called option Giga mail.

Also an additional €7 for 30 minutes to local mobiles which we did not sign up for.

We have tried several times to phone the so called assistance line at 34c per minute but they have no one that can speak english or understand our french.

Has anyone else had similar problems.

Why are we paying twice per month.

ams

Have you tried calling the France Telecom English-language help number?

It's answered (eventually) from 9-5 Mon-Friday.

0800 36 47 75

I've found them very prompt about correcting errors in our telephone or ADSL abonnement.

If you set your service up at an FT/Orange store, you could go back there.

Not sure, but our neighbours had a similar problem, but once we analysed his bill, it turned out the first rental part was for the part month, and the second was for the following month. I think you pay in advance. Perhaps that's the answer? Without seeing the bill, it's hard to make sense of it.

Thanks to the 2 of u for the responses. i will be going to france telecom office on tuesday as it will be closed on monday. I looked back at the last bill and it was for €59 so somewhat higher.

What it actually says is as follows,

Abonnement "net internet + telephone - 8 mégamax" - tva réduite du 01/05/2008 au 31/05/2008  1 mois €17.72 + TVA at 5.5% = €18.69

Abonnement " net internet + télephone - 8 mégamax" TVA normale du 01/05/2008 au 31/05/2008 1 mois €17.72 + TVA at 19.6% = €21.19

Abonnement "Option location livebox" 1 mois €2.51 plus tva at 19.6% = €3.00

The same for an anti virus firewall €5.00

The same for Option giga mail €2.00

and finally option 30 minutes mobiles €7.00

ams

[quote user="ams"]

i will be going to france telecom office on tuesday as it will be closed on monday. [/quote]

IMHO this is the right thing to do. Fingers crossed that all will be rectified asap.

When I inadvertently signed up for an online 'extra' I did not want with Orange I tried ringing 3900 to cancel the unwanted element but my French was really not up to coping with the situation at the time so next day I went to our nearest FT shop, where all was sorted with the minimum of fuss.

Sue

I also puzzled over my last bill - but finally managed to work out that I was being charged exactly the same total amount TTC per month, but that the amount had been split prior to applying TVA so that half of it attracted TVA at 19.6% and the other half at 5.5%.  I have absolutely no idea why!

Could the 33 euros be the approx amount they said you would be paying HT?  Does your initial contract contain any figures?

Re the Option 30 minutes mobile for 7 euros ... this should also include 'international illimite' for that price.

Hope this may help

Tried the france telecom english line this morning and gave up after 29 minutes. Just back from the France telecom office. they will refund  the €5 and the €2 for the past 6 months. Apparently the agent that told us that the cost would be €33 was in error, that was the price for the internet and unlimited telephone calls in france only. this charge has now gone to €39.95, and if we want to telephone outside france on a fixed line to a fixed line it costs an additional €7, plus an additional €3 for the live box, so all in all the new cost is €50 per month.

We will  be looking for a new provider next december.

ams

Hi ams

Glad you got it sorted out ... a thought tho if you make a lot of calls to the UK... we pay the 7 euros per month for unlimited calls (fixed line) to various countries including the UK (not sure of them all as we were only interested in the UK), and have found that our phone bill has halved.  We do have to make a lot of calls (elderly relatives), but have saved a lot each month by taking on this option.

Just a thought perhaps until you can change provider?