Re Internet connection wi fi

Bought a notebook when i was back in the old place. Worked great over there, no problem connecting via wi fi from several locations.

Now that i am back home in france, i have tried to connect via my livebox, but nothing. Visited Orange and they told me put in the Clé de sécurite no on the rear of the livebox. still nothing. Should i have my fixed computer connected or not.

Anyone with any ideas,

ams

I did that and in frustration a short time after with the 2 button and later a combination of the two. very soon i will be extracting my fist from the livebox GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Thanks anyway, it is good not to feel alone, what i really need is a 6 year old to help me. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ams

[quote user="LyndaandRichard"]Try switching the livebox off for a few minutes then try again.

Failing that, the hammer method is good for stress. But not for the livebox.
[/quote]

I think it definately won't connect if the livebox is off................[:D][:P]

Have you loaded the livebox software CD that came with your livebox?  If not I think you may have to.  I know it can be done using other software but it's difficult to set up.

[quote user="ams"]

Thanks anyway, it is good not to feel alone, what i really need is a 6 year old to help me. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

Well I am not 6 but try this: (apologies if the English translation is iffy - my laptop is in French) it worked for me:

You don't need to load the Livebox software:

If yours is an Inventel Livebox, click button 1 - either on the back or bottom of the Livebox - this gives you some minutes of 'association time' - a red light will begin flashing on the Livebox

then on your laptop go to start menu, click on 'connections' this should bring up a choice of 2, opt for wireless connection.

this should bring up a new box saying 'state of wireless connection' , in the bottom LH corner there should be a box to click saying 'list wireless connections' click on this;

a list should appear showing all the wireless networks available locally, your Livebox should be listed, highlight it then click on 'connect' and a security box should come up for you to input your security key - twice if I remember correctly. The trick is to copy the security code to notepad then using copy and paste or else you risk mistyping the number.

Sue

Did that on the notebook it is the fn blue button and the f 11 together, looks like a small satellite symbol. I wonder do i need some sort of extension to the livebox. talked to my son last night and he said i may need some type of equipment which costs €50.

strange as the computer detects the existance of the livebow after i connect it says type in the security key, after that it goes searching to connect and after about 3 minutes it comes back and says no connection exists.

frustrated,

ams

We had the same problem last year with our new imac and not understanding french too well we took the whole lot ie PC, livebox and cables to PC assist (local shop) in two hours he had sorted it all for us, told us what to plug in where when we got home and the cost was 40 euros - well worth it whilst we still had some hair left!