Phone calls from France

• 8 months later...

[quote user="val douest"]We use Telerabais (www.telerabais.com) with our France Telecom line.  You dial the special prefix and then calls to the UK are charged at French Telecom's local call charges by France Telecom - there's no separate bill.  It works well for us and there is no commitment or anything - if we find another company we prefer we'll just use their prefix instead.  The website is in French but it's very easy to follow.
[/quote]

I have been using Lesminutes but because of their connection fees, I am going through the credit I top up very quickly so thought it time to look at other providers. I too use Skype when I can but it is not always possible. I also find calls made on Skype out to mobiles quite expensive.

Val, I just had a look at Telerabais and unless I'm missing something they look very expensive, for example 12 cents a minute compared to around 0.5 to 1 cent a minute. It looks to me unless someone knows something different that Budgetelecom that Clair suggested and Lesminutes appear to be the best. Strangely enough it appears FT has the lowest cost calls to mobiles.[8-)]

I looked at the link on Val's post and it showed 12 cents to UK landlines from FT landlines but just had another look and it shows the same to mobiles. Perhaps there is a mistake on the website. At the moment it still looks like for me at least Budgetelecom or Lesminutes for calling UK landlines and FT for French mobiles. Haven't checked FT rates for UK mobiles.

[quote user="Juswundrin"]I think you may be misreading the info: Royaume-Uni: Tarif: tarif local cpm avec numero d'acces 0811 31 45 45 Tarif mobile: 12 cpm avec numero d'acces 0821 25 60 60[/quote]

Duh! You are right I misread it.[:$]