Hi.  I am attempting to make a CD for the car with all my fave tracks on.  I am using Windows Media Player.  So far I have only managed to transfer one track.  All that happens now when I click on 'Start burn' is that the blank CD with the one track on keeps ejecting and a message comes up 'please insert disc into drive and once detected it will automatically start to burn'.  However when I push it back in it either starts to play the one track I have managed to transfer or ejects the CD again.  What am I doing wrong? Many Thanks.

Car CD players are often limited in the various types of format they are able to replay. Try the CD on another system(s) in your home, if it works there then your CD may have been recorded on your computer in a format that is not compatible to the car CD.

Sounds like you've burnt just that one track to the CD, WMP has then finalised the CD which means that you cannot burn anything more to it. That's why it's asking for a new CD.

What with DRM and other nonsense I've never used WMP for burning so can't really help you futher.

I'd download another burning programme such as THIS for instance and use that. It's tiny, dead simple, and FREE, my kind of software [:D]

Yes Ernie you're right I haven't tried the CD in the car yet as I've only managed to record one track.  WMP doesn't recognise the disc anymore so perhaps it had been finalised as you suggest.  I will try downloading the other software you recommend and have another go.  Thanks for your help everyone.

Good luck.

Baypond has touched on an important point. Not all in car units support home burnt CD's so I'd try the one you have with the one track first. If you're really lucky and it supports MP3 then you could rip your CD's down to that format which would mean you'd get up to 10x as many tracks on a single CD.

Do you know which make and model it is ?

If it doesn't play in the car I can still use the CD in the house.  If I ever record one that is.  I have tried to download that software you recommended but a message came up 'woobrowser.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close'  I have been getting this message a lot recently and it always closes me down.  Is nothing ever simple! [8-)]

[quote user="tizzylizzy"]I have tried to download that software you recommended but a message came up 'woobrowser.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close'  I have been getting this message a lot recently and it always closes me down.  Is nothing ever simple! [8-)][/quote]

Woobrowser.exe is the background software that runs the orange connection software. It has its own altered Internet Explorer browser, and sometimes conflicts with the original browser installed on some machines. You can try to re-install Internet Explorer, or I used SeaMonkey to browse instead, there are others such as Opera, Mozilla, Firefox to name a few.

Good luck with your adventures into burning CDs, it does get simpler with time, and experience.

I am not a computer expert, but may I ask if you installed the Orange connection using the CD supplied with the livebox?

If so this can cause problems with Internet Explorer and Outlook Express.  I did this once, and had no end of trouble.

All my problems went away after I uninstalled Orange and then reconnected to the livebox using the windows connection wizard.  There have been several threads on this forum saying never to put the orange disc anywhere near your computer.

For me as a computer illiterate it was easier to uninstall orange, and reconnect using windows, rather than try to mess about with Internet Explorer or Outlook Express.

David