Live box and office 2003 outlook

We finally got our livebox to work after the lovely english speaking man came from Orange to have a look (some weird setting on my old lap top which I would never have found), all tickty boo except that It won't let me send emails from office outlook 2003 I have to go to the Orange website also when on the website it won't let me go to the page where you can change your password and stuff, any ideas? it says page unavailable ( same message as if you're off line)

To get Outlook to work you just have to tell it the POP3 and SMTP server names as given to you by orange and then your username and password.  You will find this options under Outlooks 'Services' tab I think (its been a while since I used that)

As for the Orange website I don't know but I would imagine that you have to log into the secure client area before you could do tricksy stuff like changing the password otherwise anybody could change it for you. [:)]

In Outlook, you go to Tools/Account Settings and select "New".  Fill in the blanks on the screens that will appear (when you fill in the "User Name" blank, be sure to fill in your entire account name [email protected]), and also be sure to go to the "Advanced" tab in your settings to set the ports for incoming and outgoing mail.  For incoming (POPS3), you want 110, and for outgoing (SMTP) you want 587.

It's possible that when you set up the account in Outlook 2003, the wizard won't let you manually set everything.  In that case, just go back into the account and change the ports and any other settings you might have gotten wrong the first time around.

Thanks for the responses, the pop.orange.fr smtp.orange.fr are set correctly according the the man from orange, so I'll have a look to see what ports its using, from what I can remember the error message is only on receiving and not sending so I assume in my ignorance that its something to do with pop.orange.fr port and I should leave the smtp one alone.

For accessing the website I was logged in so could pick up my emails but it wouldn't let me click on button in the top righthand corner to access any of that info, I had an out of date firewall so Orange man downloaded firefox (?I think or it could have been another free one) do you think it would be worth uninstalling the out of date Norton and Firefox and installing a recent copy of Norton?

Thanks again,I'll give it ago when I get back, I always have in the back of my mind that its an old acer lap top which has never been the most reliable bit of kit I've got but I'm will to try anything that doesn't cost loads of money[:D]