Cancelling a telephone service with France Telecom?

Could someone please enlighten me to how I can cancel our telephone service with France Telecom?  We no longer need the phone in our house in France as we have decided to just use mobiles which work perfectly well in our part of the Lot!  As we only spend 12 weeks a year in France I feel as the credit crunch is biting we should cancel our line & return our phone if only I knew how!!  Thanks for any help!

Seashells

I went to the FT/Orange  shop when I stopped mine ...they printed out the standard  contract termination letter they need you to sign ...then you have to take it to the post office and send it off recorded delivery to those who sit and read such letters .....They cant turn it off in the shop for you it seems .

[quote user="seashells"]

Could someone please enlighten me to how I can cancel our telephone service with France Telecom?  We no longer need the phone in our house in France as we have decided to just use mobiles which work perfectly well in our part of the Lot!  As we only spend 12 weeks a year in France I feel as the credit crunch is biting we should cancel our line & return our phone if only I knew how!!  Thanks for any help!

Seashells

[/quote]

I have just finished speaking to a very helpful english speaking chap on 0800 364 775. He has arranged to cancel the line on the date I specified. He also explained exactly what I need to do to cancel the internet service.