TV on the internet

I have just discovered Zattoo, which is ok for French channels on the internet, but does anyone know of other websites that stream other channels, especially BBC. Also I would like to be able to listen to sports broadcasts on the computer.

In hope rather than expectation!

Patrick

• 2 weeks later...

hi all

I am looking for French TV on the Internet as the credit crunch has hit Mr Poivre has reduced sky subscription to basic and I have been desperately trying to learn french and keep what little i know already,  I listen to the radio in french but if anyone could point me to a web based tv station that would be great.

Judith

[quote user="Philouis"]Hi Lynda & Richard,

Good tip; the football streaming. I have been watching soccer for some time now, but this site really delivers really sharp pictures on my computer screen; the best ever.Thanks a lot!

Up the Gunners![/quote]

Make the most of it because www.myp2p.eu are currently being sued by the Premier League for providing links to the matches. If the League win their court case, it could be farewell to streamed matches. The swines.

Btw, we're going to beat you Gunners for 4th/5th. Come on you Blues!

But I'm not sure Mme Poivre would be able to watch French TV in Britain via a provider like Free;   when we were with Club Internet it (their TV service) didn't work in Britain.

Satellite TV is cheap,  easy (once it's installed) and far more reliable than any internet version.    France 2/3/5/Arte/Parliament are all free to air digitally on 5 degrees west  (although you won't get them on a Sky box even with the correct dish,  you  need a non-Sky box).  

I do agree,   we watch French TV every day in Britain to keep up to date with what's going on (and I haven't heard Guadeloupe mentioned once on the BBC) and to hear the languauge daily.

But the BBC are crying about it.

What's the worst that will happen? The players get less money. Big deal.

Every league is affected, not just the prem league. And it would be good for English football if the better players did leave. It might make the league more interesting as other clubs have a chance of winning it. However, the media only want Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal or Chelsea to win it so they will carry on winging no doubt,.

• 1 month later...