Pressing red button on remote crashes sky box

Recently I have found that pressing the red button on the sky remote causes the sky box to initially start to load the interactive programmes, then shows a message "searching for listings" and then shows "no satellite signal being received".

If I check the signal test all the parameters are normal, the only way to receive TV again is to unplug the sky box and reboot.

I have a standard sky box without subscription and blue yellow house card.

Has anybody any suggestions please.

It may be corrupt or buggy software in whatever version of the operating system your box is currently using (or trying to use).

Often these things resolve themselves when Sky realise that they've loused a version up,   or if it's corrupt it should correct itself at the next download.

I'd leave it a day or so (annoying for Wimbledon?);  you could the try a forced download as a last resort,  post back if you're unsure about the procedure.

Hope it corrects itself.

I wonder if you both have the same model of boxes.   I'm not that up on this area but certainly the old boxes (like ours,  1999 vintage) have to have software very carefully tailoured for them now,  which acts as a constraint on some of the developments that Sky would love to introduce (probably in a bid to make more money!!) but can't because of the park of older boxes still in use.

They could always offer to replace our two FOC but I doubt they will,   particularly as we cancelled our sub.

Hello everyone

I do not have the same problem but I am desperately hoping one of you lovely people can help me.

I have always just brought my 2 Sky cards out with me to France from the UK when I visit - never had any problem.  Sky have now issued me with 2 new cards (I pay for both) and whilst they are interchangeable in the two boxes in the UK (I tried them out) when I today put them in the boxes out here - am unable to get Channel 5.

I confess I am a Neighbours fan and will suffer withdrawal pangs for the next 2 months without the prog!

Please could anyone tell me if there is any way other than getting one of the UK boxes brought out here, that I can get Channel 5.   The message comes up on both boxes Channel unavailable.

This has never happened before and I confess I did think of bringing one of the boxes out with me but as the cards were interchangeable in the UK thought it was not necessary.  Maybe 5 will not work out here even in my UK boxes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Nothing too technical as I am not that way minded.

Wendy

It sounds as if you have a Sky multiroom subscription at home, in which case the cards are tied to the boxes you have at home and will not work in a different one. With multiroom Sky also check that your box is connected to the phone so it might not be easy to take a box to frnce with you. You need to find one of the old one-off Sky cards that were originally needed for CH4 and 5. I had one somewhere but don't know if I can find it. Try asking Sean at Brittany Satellites - his ad is on this site somewhere.